SSS and BSS BB/100

• 11 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Lol you are funny and you are gold. Ofcourse NL can make you more money since you can put more money in every hand (playing same limit)
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      Lol you are funny and you are gold. Ofcourse NL can make you more money since you can put more money in every hand (playing same limit)
      And you are even more funnier :D lol. I suggest you read question again.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      lol

Winrate depends on a lot of things; site, # of tables, hours, playing style,...a very good player can get ~5ptBB/100 at NL200 and higher, but I've seen stats (over very big sample sizes) that were over 7ptbb at rather high stakes (can't remember exactly, but it was over NL1k), but they're usually HU stats.
      Also, you need a huge sample size to have an "exact" winrate (hyphens because it's still very variable) - it's possible to have 100k break-even or even losing hands, so by "huge" I mean huge ^^
      I guess under NL50, a good player (e.g someone who beats higher limits and moves down for whatever reason) can probably get over 10ptBB/100 playing 6+ tables imo. But because it'll change a lot depending on how many tables you play, you should really look at BB/hour rather than per hand
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      Thx for that stats but im wondering more which strategy gives more money big stack or short stack i know with big stack you can win more money in one hand but if you get bad beat for your whole stack you lose 5x more than short stack strategy player thats what i meant which strategy gives more money.And whats ptBB is it that 2xBB thing.
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      your funniest guy ever and your gold :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Thx for that stats but im wondering more which strategy gives more money big stack or short stack i know with big stack you can win more money in one hand but if you get bad beat for your whole stack you lose 5x more than short stack strategy player thats what i meant which strategy gives more money.And whats ptBB is it that 2xBB thing.
      As I said before, you can't estimate winrate accurately in BSS. It depends on a lot of different things, most importantly skill. Let's just say, maximum 5ptBB/100, and that's being optimistic.
      Dunno about SSS, but since there's no skill involved, it should be pretty constant. Just ask someone who has a big sample, but it should be around 1-2ptbb/100 I guess. The advantage though is that you can play a lot of tables without really affecting winrate. But again, BB/hour is important, not BB/100.

and yes, 1ptbb = 2big blinds
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      don't forget that sss player will climb limits way faster, due to brm
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by CimkoPro
      I know because he made funny question i had to make even funnier answer(which can be only answer to totally another question :) ).
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      SSS is a winning strategy but it's not the one that is going to make you rich :) I've played 200k+ hands and have 1,5BB/100

But it's sick for grinding, you climb limits faster, accumulate FPP faster (well not on all sites, but for example iPoker is best for SSS grinding) etc..
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CimkoPro
      I know because he made funny question i had to make even funnier answer(which can be only answer to totally another question :) ).
      I dunno which part of my question was funny to you but plz dont replay in my threads anymore if you got nothing smart to say.
    • shloogy
      shloogy
      Bronze
      yo hunt32 if u played over 200k hands for 1.5bb\100 how come ur not even gold? in which limits u played? and currently?
      thanks,