BB: $247.00
      UTG: $179.50
      MP: $138.85
      CO: $297.20
      Hero (BTN): $206.90
      SB: $402.35

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with A:club: T:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $6, Hero calls $6, 2 folds

Flop: ($15.00) 8:club: 8:heart: A:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $8, Hero calls $8

Turn: ($31.00) A:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $16, Hero calls $16

River: ($63.00) T:heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $267.20 all in, Hero calls $176.90 all in

Final Pot: $416.80
      CO shows A:diamond: 8:diamond: (a full house, Aces full of Eights)
      Hero shows A:club: T:club: (a full house, Aces full of Tens)
      Hero wins $413.80
      (Rake: $3.00)

I was thinking of villain's play. Is it good to overbet your entire AX range here with AT and 88? I think as caller i have far fewer ATo than him cos I would 3bet a lot of the time esp with aggro squeezers in blinds.

1) Differences in Position: For example I think the standard opening ranges from UTG excludes ATo but MP includes ATo. Does it make a difference?

2) Differences in River card: J/Q/K make much of a difference? I suppose the K strengthens the PFR a lot more cos I rarely have AK.

3) Sizing: Any point in making it 2X instead of 3X?
  • 2 replies
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I don't like overbetting here with any hand in villain's shoes. c/r is much better with nutted hands and betting normal sizing with Ax makes more sense to get value from 8x and Khi. I like overbetting only if we check back Ax here. I think most people will bet it when checked to.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      Assuming he wants to have an overbet range, he can balance his AT/88 with either Ax or pure air, or a combination. What is better depends how his Ax performs in other lines, like betting small or checking.

1) He only jams AT/88 for value and a corresponding amount of (semi-)bluffs to make your Ax break even between calling and folding.

2) same deal with AJ on a J and so on

3) if he is polarized to AT+ then as big as possible should be good.

Should he have an overbet range? I don't think so. It's def ok but I really don't even like the triple barrel line here unless you have some really small sizing. I'd check almost all hands on the turn or river.