[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH J9o

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey i played this hand a couple days back and it felt like total spew afterwards

villain is unknown but had autotopup on and was fairly tight and aggressive from what few hands i'd seen him play.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($6.75) 68bb
      UTG+1 ($10.36) 104bb
      CO ($10.35) 104bb
      BTN ($11) 110bb
      SB ($12.70) 127bb
      DrDunne (BB) ($20.18) 202bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) DrDunne is BB J:heart: 9:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.25, 2 folds, DrDunne raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.55

Flop: 9:spade: 2:heart: 10:diamond: ($1.65, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $1.15, CO calls $1.15

Turn: 5:club: ($3.95, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO bets $1.97, DrDunne calls $1.97

River: 5:spade: ($7.89, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO goes all-in $6.43, DrDunne calls $6.43

Final Pot: $20.75
      CO shows
      Q:club: K:club:
      DrDunne shows two pair, Nines and Fives
      J:heart: 9:diamond:

DrDunne wins $19.37 (net +$9.02)

CO lost $10.35

i plan to cbet here since i'm doing it with a lot of my range and once he calls, i plan to check/call on the turn and lots of rivers since he can float a lot. river im really not sure about when he ships but he tanked for a bit so i thought i'd call it... but i think he ships QQ pre, there's only like 3 combos of JJ and AT hands i think check back since i look weak when i check the turn. i think it's somewhat plausible for him to float with overs and ship the river.. maybe im totally wrong and should shut down once he floats? or shut down once he jams river?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Apart from preflop, where your hand selection is quite bad for such a situation I agree with your play. When OOP, you should depolarize your 3betting range a bit and even when you do it quite wide 'as a bluff' use suited hands since you are a lot more likely to get called. Even when IP, just use suited hands a lot more.

I think overall your postflop play for NL10 here is fine. I sometimes start checking from the flop because my cbetting range is not too wide since I don't expect many folds. Also, one big thing: if villain is very competent (unlikely) he will value bet QT+ there easily. If he does this, your call becomse thinner but I still agree with it since you beat so many hands he bets like that: QJ, KQ, AQ (yes, they play AQ like that sometimes), J8s, 78s. In some favourable cases, they take this silly line with a perfectly good showdown value hand like 88 and 77.

Wp imo! :f_thumbsup: I think this hand should prove to you that you can handle NL20 BUT hand select more carefully preflop so that you really get to use your postflop edge to the max!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: Why do we 3-bet such a garbage hand, especially OOP where we can expect villain to defend a lot?

Flop: Cbet is fine.

Turn/River: if we had any reads that he is aggro ck/calling is fine. I hate ck/calling turn and folding river on such a blank and as you said he doesn't rep much. He rarely ships river for thin value with A9 type hands so he only reps some set combos and possibly JJ.