MP+1: $3.94
      CO: $4.00
      BTN: $4.43
      SB: $3.85
      BB: $4.00
      Hero (UTG): $4.13

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Q:club: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.16, fold, BTN calls $0.16, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.54, 3 players) 4:heart: 5:spade: 6:spade:
      Hero bets $0.44, fold, BTN calls $0.44

Turn: ($1.42, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $1.12, BTN calls $1.12

River: ($3.66, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets $1.28, BTN raises to $2.56, Hero calls $1.13 and is all-in

BTN shows 6:club: 6:diamond: (Full House, Sixes full of Fives)
      Hero mucks Q:club: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives)
      BTN wins $0.00
      BTN wins $8.06

13/10/3 - 181; cold call 10%

river?
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      He played that hand bad by slowplaying it from the start.

On river.. he min-raises you, so it's a hand on these levels. He won't be doing it with just A-hi, so I guess it's more like 5, 4 or even that 66.
    • boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      It's an incredibly tough spot but you're very likely behind. Can't see no overpairs (77-JJ) raising in this spot.

Originally posted by CPallo
      He played that hand bad by slowplaying it from the start.
      Why is that so? A raise from UTG usually means big cards so even though the board is wet, it's a very low one. The only risk would be a flush, but in heads up situations a flush is very unlikely.

If he's got any set (and we should remember he also has position), what should he be afraid of? Of course if he had 2pair then he shouldn't slowplay, but who would flat call a UTG raise with 65, 64 or 54? ?(

It's also possible that villain had A5, A4, K5, K4 since many like to play Ax, Kx hands in these levels. In that case the flat call preflop was stupid and the call on flop also stupid, but can't be considered slowplaying until the turn, from which point trips isn't a bad slowplay and 2 pairs are because it could be easily already behind.
    • faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      Well, to bet or not to bet was my entire problem on the river. If I check, BTN may bet (even to the size of all-in) and with a worse hand. If I block bet it, then his min raise will be an all-in for both of us and I would have invested too much with that bet.

I still saw many hands that I was ahead of his potential range+play (77+, A6s, 67s), so I preferred the river bet than simple check/? scenario. When I got raised, I kinda figured that I am beat there (well, paired turn is a perfect to continuing slow-playing, especially for the given hero's bet sizings that allow villain to ship the river, if I checked it).

Though, I have to agree with Cpallo - unorthodox play by villain on flop that confused my decision on river. Many players raise with way greater range from EP than simply top 2% (my range alone includes 78s+, 22+, ATs+, depending on the table dynamics).
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Flop: we can pot on such a drawy board

Turn: I play the same

River: I shove directly to get value from worse pairs that will most likely not fold and maybe even an Ax hand.