End Game Problems

• Deeman69
      Deeman69
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I enjoy the micro mtt, I usually finish itm. My problem is that by the time i get there I'm always short stacked. Getting 1-2 buyins is ok lol, but i'm wanting to be in a better position by the time i get there so I can finish in the top few payouts.

I've just started the NL Begginers school. I was hoping that someone could either point me in the direction where i can find some better strategy. I play tag as I'm a begginer lol.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
  • 8 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there sir.

Playing tag is good it keeps ua out of a lot of tough spots that we dont want and dont need to be in so keep playing tag. The trick is to keep your eye on other players at your table. Are you using a HUD? If so then it will tell you who is folding their blinds too much so you can steal. Who is stealimg from you super wide and folding to resteals so you can re steal. Who is only playing the top hands so you can insta fold unless you have AA when they get involved.

When you get near the bubble most players will start folding pretty much everything so get aggressive as poss and pick up lots of BBs just be careful when they start to play back at you. This and much more that you will learn along the way will help you build a better stack so you can aim for that #1 spot

Good luck
      Carl
    • Deeman69
      Deeman69
      Bronze
      Thanks so much. I don't use a HUD, I actually dont use any aids. Is there a free HUD lol, as I'm not ready to spend money on aids until I start to earn money.

Thanks very much for you helpful post!
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Hi

There are some free HUDs
      But I suggest you download the free trial of PT4 or HEM
      Its worth a try

And I personally think that HUD at micro stakes is a must
      It will also help you keeping track of your performance and results along with post game study and reviews
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Yep as said above both PT4 (pokertracker4) and HEM2 (holdem manager 2) are the best out there. Click the following link to find out more about HEM2 which gives you a 30 day free trial.

Let us know what you think or if you have any problems

Carl
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the help guys but I will move this to our MTT Discussion to see if we can get any further advice for you :)

Gary
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Not much to add actually :)

I would recommend our video section. Have a look at our coaches playing poker and get an impression on what they are doing in late game. Maybe you find some things that you can adapt. If you are not sure about some of their plays feel free to ask here. You may find our mtt videos for bronze here:
      MTT Videos for Bronze members

Furthermore i can recommend our weekly coaching. It normally takes place on wednesday. This week, however, there is a special coaching on sunday that is free for all. Maybe you can pick up some content there as well.

Last but not least there is a strategy article covering the late game:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/mtt/1551/1/

Unfortunately it is for silver+ - but I am sure that you will be able to achieve silver status within the next weeks if you are playing tracked. You may find further information on our status system here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/status-points/

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Deeman69
      Deeman69
      Bronze
      Thank you all so much for all the help!!!!

So far I'm doing better I have been playing more single table sitngos. I do like HEM2 and will most likely buy it at the end of the tutorial. I do love this community for all of its willingness to help!

Thanks again!

Darryl
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      What stakes are you playing the STTs?
      My main game is STTs as well
      Just moved upto 15s now

Add me in the comm tool may be we can discuss and review our games