This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] sh nl4 KQs

• Madesco
      Madesco
      Bronze
      Party, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $4 (100 bb)
      BB: $3.96 (99 bb)
      CO: $2.33 (58.3 bb)
      BTN: $2.28 (57 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      CO folds, BTN calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, BTN calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.44) 9 5 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.31, BTN calls $0.31

Turn: ($1.06) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, BTN calls $0.75

River: ($2.56) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

villain 36/4 -29 hands

i guess i should have given up after my bet on the flop?
  • 4 replies
    • boozaf
      boozaf
      Bronze
      Preflop - Standard; you should be ahead of villain's range.

Flop - The board is relatively dry so a continuation bet would be o.k.; on the other hand, there's not much you can represent other than overpairs or maybe T9, 99. You should check for villain's WTS range to help you decide.

Turn - If you're image is of a TAG, you can't represent trips when the 5 comes. Altough improbable, villain could have a 5 and a likely ragged flush, so that should prevent you from firing your second barrel. If villain were a TAG then you could consider bluffing the flush or a full house with 99, but a TAG would rarely have this line. Again you should check for villain's WTS range when choosing to 2nd barrel the turn.

Keep in mind that a bluff not only should be done against someone who is capable of folding but also should be coherent/plausible and preferably in a draw heavy board; in this case you can only represent a flush or a full house, the latter committing you to bet big on the river.

River - I don't see how can you extract value from a hand with which you're very likely behind against this guy. Villain wouldn't fold to anything less than a shove but that would be exceedingly risky so the check seems fine.

Good luck :)
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      check/fold flop vs fish who presumably wont fold that often
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      No need to bet against a station, he won't fold his holdings and you don't improve that often. If you had some draw yourself (e.g. GSSD) you could bet once.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop is fine.

I don't like the cbet on the flop on that low connected board OOP.

We have little equity in the hand (2 overs) and villain can call with a lot. Furthermore we can't continue on many turns so we should simply give up on our hand.