$50 Free Bankroll

• bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hi. I have referred a friend callanderman. He has passed the test today. Does he qualify for the $50 bankroll free? Thanks.
  • 17 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi bobbywelsh!

First of all - thank you for referring your friends to PokerStrategy.com!

Your friend is eligible for our free poker money! If he has passsed the quiz he should be able to see all the details here or he has probably received a ticket here or he should check his registered email account.

Tell your friend not to be shy! We will help him/her out :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      free poker money???

$10 only now or is it still 50 I can't eem to get an answer on this. The advert on the poker channel says $10

I want to refer my brother to PS and it would make it worth his while if it was still 50 like I told him
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Maloco87,

Our premium offer has changed to $10 for the forseeable future. Have you asked this question before? If you have apologies for missing it.

Referring your brother or anyone for that matter is +EV for you both in the long run whether the starting capital is $10 or $50 or $100. Playing on any tracked account even earning Silver status each month is worth a lot more in coaching material than $10!

All the best,
      Gary
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      yeah thats true I suppose I will still be refering him, it's just disappointing as I have been trying to get him onto the site for months and telling him it is $50

$50 to $10 is a big drop though don't you think? especially when all the beginner articles teach you to have a strick bankroll management of 25 BI for 1/2c droping 20 BI is not good imo
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Hi Gary,

He has posted in the introduce yoursef forum but no-one has got back to him- His name is Callanderman.

Thanks
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Also when did it change down from the $50?

Thanks
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bobbywelsh
      Hi Gary,

He has posted in the introduce yoursef forum but no-one has got back to him- His name is Callanderman.

Thanks
      I see Ras has looked after him now :)
    • Meda1985
      Meda1985
      Bronze
      I was surprised to find out that PS has changed free money amount! But, really, this site is not about free money! They are all about education material!!! Money was great for us who didn't have what with to begin, but, referral money is better then the free money offer! So, find a friend or two, or 10 :) who are dedicated to learn poker, make 50 out of starting 10 in few months (YES MONTHS, poker is everything but peace of cake), you can do it with good variance in week or two, but be prepared for the worst! When you all do so, you will get a substantial amount out of referrals and you can all share it and have a 100 which is great start on any room and in no time, you will be playing NL10! All this seems so dumb, I know, but try it out! Because, if somebody I trust told me so, I could have spared myself a year! I just read it here, and unfortunately, I didn't believe them... but, they were right! Right now I'm playing NL10, made several cash-outs, or I would have BR for NL50, but the point is, I did all that since march this year, but I found this amazing site 15 months before march this year! I wasted 15 months! Don't make the same mistake, or worse, give up!
      I hope someone will not take this for granted! :)
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Prepare for the worst..... Varience????? How about open min raise the button with KK hoping for shortstackbb to shove their 4bbbutton, instead the sb shoves their 14bb stack with 55. Flop 5xx..... never mind vairence... what about infuriating bad donkey play?.......... You cant reload on a 6 Seat SNG... Every single time i am at the table its bad beat after bad beatin recent games..... So you see if my bank roll management was bad I would not be able to take these downswings hence the $50 was, and still is, important but I like the restriction in the buy ins until you get experience.... Callanderman signed up in May 2012 does he not qualify for the $50 when did it change?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi bobbywelsh

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't running well. As most of us know variance can be a ****.

Also the KK<55 that you said has to do with varience. I suggest that you watch this video. It's a video made by BogdanPS and you might be in for a shock! Well I was the first time I watched it.

Regards

RasTweet
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bobbywelsh
      .... Callanderman signed up in May 2012 does he not qualify for the $50 when did it change?
      Hi again bobbywelsh,

I would suggest that he contact our customer support team to see what offer is available to him now :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      The truth of the matter is that the advice that PokerStrategy is offering is worth much more than the $50 once you start rolling. I know I've made 20 times as much on a recreational level and am sure a lot of others have done much, much better. Still I would never have started playing poker if there weren't PokerStrategy's $50 initial capital and, well, old FTP's freerolls and promotions before that :D . And that's because I wouldn't waste a single dollar of my money on gambling :D . And I know a lot of people that share the same view with me.
    • Meda1985
      Meda1985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phoenix2104
      The truth of the matter is that the advice that PokerStrategy is offering is worth much more than the $50 once you start rolling. I know I've made 20 times as much on a recreational level and am sure a lot of others have done much, much better. Still I would never have started playing poker if there weren't PokerStrategy's $50 initial capital and, well, FTP's freerolls and promotions :D . And that's because I wouln't waste a single dollar of my money on gambling :D . And I know a lot of people that share the same view with me.
      Exactly!
    • bobbywelsh
      bobbywelsh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Phoenix2104
      The truth of the matter is that the advice that PokerStrategy is offering is worth much more than the $50 once you start rolling. I know I've made 20 times as much on a recreational level and am sure a lot of others have done much, much better. Still I would never have started playing poker if there weren't PokerStrategy's $50 initial capital and, well, old FTP's freerolls and promotions before that :D . And that's because I wouldn't waste a single dollar of my money on gambling :D . And I know a lot of people that share the same view with me.
      Very True, so you both agree the $10 is not going to entice someone to learn the game or even whet the appetitie enough for them to invest their own money?

My dad said he doent qualify for the $10 and the poker sites incentive as well? So its one or the other?

Just feel like a diddy going on at him to sign up- which he did in May on the proviso he would get $50 after he passed the test - granted on a drip but that was the only reason he signed up - the $50 now its $10 - I look silly :-(
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey bobbywelsh

Thanks for your questions and feedback, allow me to share my thoughts.

The decision was made (not lightly) to change from the $50 starting capital to $10 for a number of reasons. First off, our security checks were becoming tighter and more strict everyday $50 can soon turn into a lot of money if somebody is using the offer unfairly. This resulted in the ID security checks taking longer and a huge backlog of accounts building up therefore of course people were waiting a very long time to receive the capital. Also it meant that many innocent people were failing the ID check (I failed my self when i signed up) The guys in charge decided that $10 was an optimum amount of money to both discourage a large amount of attempted fraudsters therefore make the security checks more customer friendly and give our new members enough of a taster of poker to decide whether they want to pursue the game.

I've found the thread with the announcement in that the bankroll system was changing and it has a lot more info in you can find it here: Change of the free bankroll for new PokerStrategy.com members

Hope this helps a little feel free to ask any more questions you have in this thread

Regards
      Carl
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      ExternalUseOnly u know very well as others do that 10$ is not even close to BR needed to start playing smallest stake SNG... sadly 90% of ppl will go broke pretty fast and that just will make system abusing even more common. :(

i know it will not happen just because i suggest so and its all about marketing, but still ~20$ BR would make more sense so the money is not wasted for nothing...
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Whether i agree or not is irrelevant i think the $10 is a good idea because it means we can hopefully reach out to a lot more players and get many more people involved in the game.

The $10 is not intended to to have people fully rolled for a stake its to introduce as many people into this game, this world of poker that we all love. You only need to play 1 raked hand in order to upgrade your account from basic to bonze and unlock a whole load of beginner learning material that will make people decide whether they want to invest into poker. That leads me to another point of all the people that received the $50 ( I think it was well over 1m players) only a small % of those actually used the bankroll wisely and stuck around. I think that for these kind of players It doesn't matter if you give them $5, $10, $100 wasters gonna waste right?

For the players that see this is a good opportunity for them $10 is enough to unlock lots of material and decide if they want to take it further and deposit their own bankroll. Ok fair enough i understand that many people can't afford to be depositing but another $40 to take it up to $50 isn't a lot of money. Even if you save your pocket change for a couple of weeks until you can deposit. This is a decision for each individual player of course if they are not willing to deposit or can't afford to there is also freerolls to build a roll from.

:)