[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 KK vs fish x/mr on paired board

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $51.50 (103 bb)
      MP: $72.69 (145.4 bb)
      CO: $40.20 (80.4 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $48.75 (97.5 bb)
      BB: $97.74 (195.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $1.75, MP calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 7 3 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, MP raises to $7, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($18.25) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($34.25) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $15, Hero folds

At which point are you guys folding in this hand vs this guy ?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Against such a guy it's difficult to build up clear range what he is raising. Cause we don't have decent sample and at the same time he most likely still has FH/3x hands in his range. Problem is also in those spots that he is rather passive aka drops down a lot of hand.

Most likely end up calling the turn as well for the given odds and drop the hand on the river.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Pleno do you agree with this?

What is the point of calling for odds in this case? It's not like we have outs or something if we are behind, just hope that he is bluffing /betting a worse hand enough of the time ? (which should be highly unlikely)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey man,

I think vs a guy like this he probably has a value hand on the flop that he wants to continue with so I would actually 3bet the flop really small for value. If he is in "bluff mode" he will likely cling on to the hand and call the small bet with kq or some random overcards.

He can also be slowplaying jj/qq and think he has the nuts.

River is tough, but if he is commited to a stupid bluff then we are getting a good price. I usually call in these spots, although admittedly the pot doesnt always get shipped to me. If he is a reg fish who plays a lot I don't mind calling the top of my range here and super exploit him in the future.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Aren't you valuetowning yourselves with a reraise on the flop vs 3x, 77?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      This is a really low board. 3x is such a narrow part of his range cos people dont play 3x preflop besides A3.

And i dont think most people raise boats on the flop. Instead they prefer to slowplay.

On the other hand, he could raise many worse overpairs if he is not a very good player.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      This is a really low board. 3x is such a narrow part of his range cos people dont play 3x preflop besides A3.

And i dont think most people raise boats on the flop. Instead they prefer to slowplay.

On the other hand, he could raise many worse overpairs if he is not a very good player.
      I think a 47/10 fish is flatting most of the 3x combos preflop, why do you disagree with this? don't see how he could otherwise play 50% of his hands.
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Even a 47/10 probably plays more high cards than low cards. Maybe he has a few suited connectors and A3s, but other than that he should not have much.

As played I think you played it fine and I would definitly call river. He can be doing this with all sorts of shit, and we have good odds. So call and expect to be good around 50% I guess.

ifs