This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

HEM 2 Lines Question

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

I was looking at my cash games graph and it shows my all-in ev line is in the negative. Does this mean that I'm calling all-ins as an underdog? if so how can one fix this? I only push KK/AA and call with anything else but it depends on my opponents.

If I'm playing against a maniac then my JJ are definitely in better position than say against a tight rock.

Thanks,

MB

Oh and this is from a small sample size.
  • 2 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      It calculates how much money you would have won if it would be % fighting (expected value - chance your hand has possibility to statistically win from certain position). If you go all-in with 90%EV and win $, then your EV line falls (cause according to EV you'd win 90% of pot not 100%).

I somehow feel that EV line is style of play. For me it's hundreds of blinds below my actual $. Yet I feel that I'm getting sucked out often. EV doesn't count situations where you and opponent check river and he takes the pot thanks to the river (EV line sushes). I feel that people who have EV line above actual $ are going broke often and early stage of pot which increases variance (going all-in pre with 55 vs AK is about 55% against 45%, but if you go all-in on river on a board say 22224 it's 100% vs 0%).
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you timukasr,

I've moved this thread to the relevant board :)

Gary