Hero (MP): $27.53
      CO: $21.05
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $5.76
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $22.81

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with J :club: J :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 8 :spade: A :spade: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB folds

I dislike the cBet here very much because of his stack size. He can push and then we are in a tough spot because he could be pushing draws as well but there are many Ax hands in his range too.

Thus, check-behind flop with the intention of inducing a bluff seems like the best approach.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

my reason to c-bet is following:
      - I would c-bet that range 100% of my pre-flop raising range that also includes hands that has no showdown value- I need to balance out my range that player can not play perfectly against my checking back /c-bet range
      - if I check back I would likely don´t induce bluffs that much that I should call him down, more likely I would give him just free cards that could win him the pot
      - you fold out with your c-bet quite a lot of Kx and Qx hands that has some showdown against your hand- no need really to give him option see free turn card these hands.
      - if you´re b/c that flop with tp and I guess flushdraws then checking would give up away your hand and likely he would start attacking these boards a lot more if he knows you go pot control with medium pp-s

Also your c-bet size does not have to be that big- I think 3bb should be more standard consider pot to stack ratio. Even if he shoves some % his draws and sometimes Ax hands it should be still profitable since you risk 0.75 to win 1.75 that means he has to shove more than half the times that isn´t really going to happen

best regards,