This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 NL4SH - R thin value

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      BB = 22/19/5/6/20/67 hands
      CO = unknown

Preflop: Standard for value.

Flop: Plan is x/f F and re-eval T if I get there. I don't think that I can extract value esp' vs two players.

Turn: Expecting BB to bet the turn with a made hand and don't expect CO the x/beh any Tx on the F, so i would expect both villains to have some 9x,5x draws and various smaller PP's, however I guess I could bet the T here for some thin value from 5x, weaker PP or draws, but plan was to contninue to x/f the T. Is this too weak??

River: River completes some straights and 77's although some straight possibilities are reduced since I block with 88's. I think I can either x/f R or bet/fold for thin value from some A-hi, K-hi, 5x, 7x or some smaller PP.

Opted to bet/fold. What do you think about the sizing here? I wanted to make it super value tastic :f_biggrin: . I didn't expect CO to bluff raise me a lot despite my sizing but the BB might aggressive or observant enough to do this.

Thanks

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.13
      SB: $4.00
      BB: $4.43
      UTG: $4.51
      Hero (MP): $5.29
      CO: $3.54

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 8:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) T:heart: 5:club: 9:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.50, 3 players) T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.50, 3 players) 7:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16, fold

Hero shows 8:heart: 8:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Eights) (Pre 71%, Flop 82%, Turn 86%)
      CO mucks 6:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 29%, Flop 18%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins $0.78
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like your pre-flop raise and c/f flop. Since it got checked around I think you often have there best hand and therefor should bet for value. c/f seems too weak that spot and c/c would put you difficult spot on the river since there are a lot of scary cards. This value on the river is fine- don´t think you get raised there almost never and sometimes they would call you down with A7 or 66

best regards,