[NL2-NL10] 88 NL4SH - R thin value

• muel294
      BB = 22/19/5/6/20/67 hands
      CO = unknown

Preflop: Standard for value.

Flop: Plan is x/f F and re-eval T if I get there. I don't think that I can extract value esp' vs two players.

Turn: Expecting BB to bet the turn with a made hand and don't expect CO the x/beh any Tx on the F, so i would expect both villains to have some 9x,5x draws and various smaller PP's, however I guess I could bet the T here for some thin value from 5x, weaker PP or draws, but plan was to contninue to x/f the T. Is this too weak??

River: River completes some straights and 77's although some straight possibilities are reduced since I block with 88's. I think I can either x/f R or bet/fold for thin value from some A-hi, K-hi, 5x, 7x or some smaller PP.

Opted to bet/fold. What do you think about the sizing here? I wanted to make it super value tastic :f_biggrin: . I didn't expect CO to bluff raise me a lot despite my sizing but the BB might aggressive or observant enough to do this.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $5.13
      SB: $4.00
      BB: $4.43
      UTG: $4.51
      Hero (MP): $5.29
      CO: $3.54

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 8:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.16, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) T:heart: 5:club: 9:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.50, 3 players) T:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($0.50, 3 players) 7:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16, fold

Hero shows 8:heart: 8:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Eights) (Pre 71%, Flop 82%, Turn 86%)
      CO mucks 6:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 29%, Flop 18%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins $0.78
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20

I like your pre-flop raise and c/f flop. Since it got checked around I think you often have there best hand and therefor should bet for value. c/f seems too weak that spot and c/c would put you difficult spot on the river since there are a lot of scary cards. This value on the river is fine- don´t think you get raised there almost never and sometimes they would call you down with A7 or 66

best regards,