This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4SH QJs - turn and river line

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      All villains are elative unknowns

Preflop: Didn't want to inflate the pot OOP when I don't think villains will be calling much worse or folding postflop very often.

Flop: Didn't feel like stabbing, didn't see anything worse calling or anything better folding.

Turn: Once it is checked around on the flop I don't expect anyone to show up with TP. So I think my options are to b/f for some thin value from some weaker pair or draw (Jx, Kx). Or to x/c with OESD or x/f because nothing worse would bet into me in a MWP.

River: I think I should b/f R for some thin value whilst being OOP and I am not sure villains will bet anything worse if checked to.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $4.62
      MP: $5.10
      CO: $4.32
      BTN: $3.17
      SB: $3.28
      Hero (BB): $4.04

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has Q:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.16, 4 players) A:spade: Q:diamond: 9:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.16, 4 players) T:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0.08, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08

River: ($0.32, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows Q:heart: J:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Jacks) (Pre 74%, Flop 80%, Turn 86%)
      CO mucks 5:diamond: Q:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 26%, Flop 20%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins $0.31
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

pre-flop check oop is fine, although with QJs I would likely still raise your spot. You can bet most flops and can easily represent AK on Axx/Kxx boards and bet for value on Qxx, Jxx boards- also likely players would give you respect if board comes 442 or very dry like T53

I would bet both turn and river for value- he would call you down with worse hands

best regards,
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd play as Kaitz said, there's extra dead money on the board pre and you can usually take it down with Cbet.

As played: hard to bet that river anymore. Opponent might stabb turn with Kx and even some 8x.

River you would just get raised by a better and worse are likely to fold, unless the opponent is some sort of a superstation.