[NL2-NL10] AKs NL4SH - correct implieds?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      UTG = 23/21/2/5/50/124 hands kind of TAG/LP (goes to showdown too much and not very aggressive)
      Fto3bPF = 75% (3/4)
      4b = (0/4)
      CB = 73% (8/11)

Preflop: Expect villain to o/r something like the following 66+,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo therefore I didn't really like 3b'ing here as I think it isolates me vs a much stronger range. Should I be 3b/folding here to try to isolate a weaker 3b calling range? My standard line is just to flat to keep in his dominated range, but I feel like I don't 3b enough for value and often end up playing strong hands passively, not sure If this is a leak.

Flop: I would expect him to c-bet OOP with any Pair or draw, although I only really expect him to have QcJc as I block all other good draws. Not sure If I give him too much credit for his preflop range not containing things like SC's? Would you include something like 78s+ in his UTG range given his stats? My plan was to call IP with my good draw and re-eval T since I think I have decent pot odds against a range that is likely to include mostly PP's that might invest again on the T.

Turn: Not sure whether I should have called T again. In hindsight I think if villain bets 1/2 pot or checks I can still get a 1/2 pot bet on the R, given that a 2nd barrell indicates strength. I think I would still get good implieds to call T.

thanks

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.87
      SB: $3.90
      BB: $4.19
      UTG: $4.21
      Hero (CO): $5.68

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:club: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.38, 2 players) 2:club: 2:diamond: T:club:
      UTG bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

Turn: ($0.94, 2 players) 4:heart:
      UTG bets $0.56, fold

UTG wins $0.90
  • 9 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

3-bet pre-flop. If not any other reason then to take down pot pre-flop. AKs is a lot easier to play ip and if he should call some dominated hands then you would very likely stack him postflop. Also that would balance out your very strong 3-bet range with KK and AA

Postflop I would likely raise flop and play for stacks. If I would call flop then I would always call that turn card. His turn barreling range are not always TT-AA and I think good player would also barrel that spot with some Ax hands (since your range is medium pp-s and some flushdraws) and if he has overpair you also get paid on the river, since he would usually c/c if flush gets there (although a lot of times A and K also gives you best hand)

best regards,
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I assume that it would be 3b/fold.? I wouldn't expect him to 4b a worse hand here.

Thanks
    • PeterNdlovu
      PeterNdlovu
      Basic
      3b pre or flatting are both fine options, 3b/folding is absurd, always 5betting all in if we 3b

easy turn call, flop is good
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

As long the guy doesn't 4bet a lot worse and you expect that then rather keep his range wide and Call. Might even invite weaker players along and our hand also plays well multiway.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      edit
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      So either 3b and play for stacks or just call then? Like I said, a flat would be my standard play vs this opponent, but this brings me back to my original question.

1)If I am flatting against such an opponent is this too weak in your opinion.
      2) If yes, then do you think I give my opp's too much credit for not being able to 4b worse. In this situation I think I will get it in vs QQ+ and AK.

If this is the case how am I showing a profit long run if I get it in here?

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    58.09%  38.81%  19.28% { QQ+, AKs, AKo }
      MP3    41.91%  22.62%  19.28% { AKs }

Am I making a profit when villain folds to worse hands to a 3b. Clearly he's never folding anything better. Obviously villain calls 3b's with worse but now he only 4b's me with the above range. If we are behind in terms of equity and we have to take rake into account as well, how will 3b/broke ever show a profit here?

P.S: Sorry to bang on about a topic that may seem trivial but what's the point if I'm not asking questions ( I will never learn ). I obviously intend to find some content (video/column/article) on this topic.

I am clearly not unconsciously competent on this topic, so while it may not be a leak as such, it still needs work.

Thanks and sorry to be a pain :f_biggrin:
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I had a quick look at the article on EV calc.

Not sure sure if I have done it right however.

x1) We win the all in vs QQ+AK+
      +118.75

x2) we lose the all-in vs QQ+ AK+
      - 93.25 bb

EV = x1p(x1) + x2p(x2)
      = 118.75 x 0.3357 - 93.25 x 0.6643
      = 39.86 - 61.95
      = -22.09 bb

If this is correct then surely we are losing money vs his 4b here, given the range I have assigned and the equites they give preflop.

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Me never said that we gonna win money with going broke preflop. :) 3bet/Fold could be an option if we assume his 4betting range is strong. Just 3bet vs unknown or whatsoever random guy without going that he goes broke loose and being on UTG -> we can't do profitable. What are we hoping that he goes broke on UTG against MP range?
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Oh of course veriz I know you didn't :)

I was more posing a question off the back of PeterNdlovu's comment:

PeterNdlovu: 3b/folding is absurd, always 5betting all in if we 3b

Veriz
      What are we hoping that he goes broke on UTG against MP range?

this is exactly my thought process. I might try to find some good spots to use a 3b/fold line in future and see how it works out for me. I guess the idea is when we think we can gain value from a person's 3b calling range pre and postflop but will be crushed vs their 4b'ing range.

Thanks for the help and input everyone :f_biggrin: