SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00

River: ($3.58, 2 players) T:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.80, SB raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.60

22/21/AF2/3b0
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd check-back that turn and maybe call a bet on river when FD comes there. Guess he has at least better pair there, perhaps 5x or 6x.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I think you gotta check the turn.

You have to wonder what he would have limped with.

The villain is playing 22/21 suggesting he is most likely limping here with a PP or suited connectors, most likely the PP as there aren't great odds for SCs OOP.

You bet the flop and get called. The SB can't be drawing here, there are no draws on. So either he has a PP or better. Now the turn card is another 5. What realistically are you beating here that called the cbet on the flop?

Lets say he has 99 in his hand. That second 5 does nothing. Your PFR has no 5s or 6s in your range, and there are no scare cards to PPs on this board.

So if he didn't fold the flop, why would he fold the turn card that changes nothing?

At best you have 9 outs, but you could already be drawing dead. The 5 doesn't build your fold equity, and you have approx 20% chance of making a strong hand, which could still not be the best hand.

The villain gives you the chance to see a free river card, where you could improve to the nut flush, and you can then call a reasonable sized bet on the river.

I guess you can bet out the river after the villain checks, but a C/R on the river I can't believe is ever a bluff at these stakes. I'm 99% positive the villain has you beat when he does this, he couldn't have been floating with an ace high draw, because there weren't any. And to check raise when a flush has just come in would be mental unless he has it beat. I think everything that raises here has you beat. Even TT that could have called 2 streets on this board has you now.

I think you should have given up on the turn really. Just check behind, then call a decent sized bet with your flush, but I don't think playing a big pot here is sensible.

I'll be interested to see the coach's comments
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Flop: Our fold equity is not great but we can barrel multiple streets + we have some equity in the hand

Turn: Why do we bet the turn? What better hands fold and what worse hands call?

River: I think we can bet/fold larger here unless you are trying to induce something from villain. However it appears that we know nothing about him so inducing is not a good idea.