This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH Rush AQs

• bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.55)
      Hero ($22.53)
      UTG ($14.31)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($22.66)
      BTN ($8.68)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, UTG+1 calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.65) 6:heart: 8:diamond: T:heart:

Hero bets $1.08, UTG+1 calls $1.08

TURN ($3.81) 6:heart: 8:diamond: T:heart: 9:spade:

Hero bets $1.90, UTG+1 raises to $4.80, Hero calls $2.90

RIVER ($13.41) 6:heart: 8:diamond: T:heart: 9:spade: 8:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $3.32 (AI), Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $12.52

Should I fold the turn to the raise? The pot odds are good enough to call at 3.62:1
  • 5 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Bet/fold. You don't have the odds; A or Q are likely no outs for the best hand so you rely only on flush and it might be that 8 and 9 :heart: are not alive. So bet/fold
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I dunno, if we discount the 8 and 9, still have 4xJ for the gutshot, and 7 flush outs, that's 11 in all, where we'd need odds of 3.18:1 to profitably call and we're likely to get the stack on the river given pot commitment?

It would appear to be marginal either way I think. I guess the lower variance play would be to fold
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      It's fold or 3-bet on that turn, and 3-bet would be overplaying. Why 3-bet? he has so small stack that we should call the river anyway whatever there comes, so better to commit ourself on turn. And that's why I'd prefer to bet/fold it there, we can't be sure how many outs we have here.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      It's fold or 3-bet on that turn, and 3-bet would be overplaying. Why 3-bet? he has so small stack that we should call the river anyway whatever there comes, so better to commit ourself on turn. And that's why I'd prefer to bet/fold it there, we can't be sure how many outs we have here.
      We can be sure of the outs, discount the 8 and 9 from the FD and bring in the Jacks for the gutshot. All of those would definitely give us the best hand here and any 7 likely splits the pot.

I think it's quite a close run thing. I'm not against the B/F like you say on the turn, but I think it could be thought about a bit more, it's quite a tricky spot I feel
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      We should consider bet/folding turn. You get 21% pot odds but we have roughly 18% with our 9 out draw. If you count the Q as an out for a straight than we have another 6% which brings it closer.

Theoretically we also have some implied odds because he has a small stack and may not be able to fold but also some of our outs may not be clean (if he has a set for example).

Preflop I feel that your 3-bet size, OOP, is definitely too small. I'd 3-bet 10-12 BBs as you are giving odds to the opponent to see the flop with many hands and you will play OOP which is never fun.