NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($7.62)
      BB ($7.92)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5.25)
      CO ($7.15)
      BTN ($8.60)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, CO calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.55) 9:heart: Q:diamond: K:spade:

Hero bets $0.36, CO folds

Hero shows Q:heart: K:heart:

Hero wins $0.52

Is there a better way to get value here? Check the flop? However there are straight draws out there
  • 6 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      You must bet there, you can't check. And if opponent really doesn't have a hand there he won't call you even if you bet 1/2.

Nice that you bet the flop, but I'd bet it slightly bigger coz there's that straightdraw.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Hey CPallo,

don't you think we need to consider the range of the villain when talking about the straight draw?

From the villain's flat 3b call? He's got odds to call with PPs, and Also broadways. What hands do you think he raises and calls in the CO with here?

Only hands drawing for a straight would surely be drawing only for a gutshot, e.g. TT, JJ, AJ?

What kind of range do you think he's playing here? I'm thinking 22+ and Broadways, maybe a couple of suited connectors, even J9s or JTs maybe at the very bottom of his range, but then JTs would be at least calling and already has us beat
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      If he minraises pre-flop I guess he has plenty of trash on his range. Could even have AT-type of hand there, why not TJs when he gets good odds. Also some broadways.

TT, small pp's etc are going to fold that flop anyway, unless there's a true station against you (and then you are going to get value from him whether you bet 0.2 or 0.5).

And yes, probably drawing for GS if drawing at all. These are just spots where it's hard to get value from opponent as you hit the flop so well and he hits it quite bad often. It's comparable to a situation when you have Aces preflop and everybody folds. Just coz they don't have a hand to continue.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Yeah I'm inclined to agree here, it's hard to get value from it, that's why it's good to discuss possible plays I guess!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      Yeah I'm inclined to agree here, it's hard to get value from it, that's why it's good to discuss possible plays I guess!
      Indeed :f_cool:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I like the cbet.

Anything that he likes on this board he will call with. If he folds it's most likely a hand that will hardly ever give you any sort of action so you are not losing much value.

So bet away and go from there.