UTG+1: $51.50 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 10, 3B: 4, AF: 2,9, Hands: 3722
      MP: $50.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 2,9, Hands: 1397
      Hero (CO): $55.50 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 7, AF: 4,2, Hands: 6442
      BTN: $34.29 - VPIP: 84, PFR: 40, 3B: 38, AF: 2,8, Hands: 25
      SB: $26.30 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 8
      BB: $33.22 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 520

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with A :club: T :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.75) T :club: 9 :spade: T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($4.75) K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BTN calls $3.50

River: ($11.75) K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $14.60, Hero calls $14.60

BTN was a super play everything maniac.
      Preflop:Sizing was to induce a 3bet(was 3betting pretty active) since I planned to 4bet but didnt wanna make the pot that big.
      Postflop:Flop is due to the fact that I noticed that he raise small Cbets.Is my turn bet fine? Also river?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: So you want to stack off and/or create a big pot with ATo versus this villain? I feel that would be pretty light.

Flop: The question would be: what does he raise with? Value, bluffs, etc? We only have 25 hands so we really don't have that info.
      Because of that I prefer to play the hand "standardly" which would be to bet the flop big and take it from there (for pure value).

As played you are more or less playing a guessing game, specifically on the river. We need to be good a bit more than 1 in 3 times but he can have a wide range that can bluff there (and also one that can valuebet, Kx). However I don't think we can fold.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Preflop: So you want to stack off and/or create a big pot with ATo versus this villain? I feel that would be pretty light.

Flop: The question would be: what does he raise with? Value, bluffs, etc? We only have 25 hands so we really don't have that info.
      Because of that I prefer to play the hand "standardly" which would be to bet the flop big and take it from there (for pure value).

As played you are more or less playing a guessing game, specifically on the river. We need to be good a bit more than 1 in 3 times but he can have a wide range that can bluff there (and also one that can valuebet, Kx). However I don't think we can fold.
      As I said player was 3betting pretty active. Calling a cold 3bet and a shove with Q8o. Took a note that small bets induce R from his side. And I play to make it then something like 4,5$ and play here a bigger pot against him. I was expecting rather a 3bet then a call. Based my play on who I saw him
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      ATo vs Q8o has like 65/35 equity so it's not a huge advantage. I believe you have much better spots to get yourself into with the fish.

As far as the raise goes unless we know what he raises with (or what he doesn't raise with) the read is not that important. We never know if he got lucky the 1-2-3 times that he raised or if he bluffed every time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: Against 3bet maniacs I don't mind opening this way, I'd play all day long with min-raise instead of raising huge. Unless of course we are opening from UTG/MP.
      Postflop: Though I would still make a normal CB here instead of induce-CB. Cause what you going to do if he raises? 3bet? He will fold most of the hands then, though we don't want to call on such a board whilst it's super-drawy. Therefore CB bigger flop & turn.

As played the river problem is that he will actually have a lot of Kx hands in his range as GS on the flop. Therefore you really have to ask what kind of player you were against. I'd even opt for folding time to time instead of calling. Cause I don't see him betting this way with flushes, so only hand left is either huge bluff or teh nuts.

Best Regards.