SB ($21.60)
      Hero ($50.75)
      UTG ($40.61)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($76.83)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $4, BTN calls $3

FLOP ($8.25) Q:club: 5:club: J:diamond:

Hero bets $4.75, BTN raises to $11.50, Hero ?

Anon tables. Villain been playing tightish, 27/10/0 Fto3bet in a session.
      Ok, so on the flop we are afraid of QJ and 55. But that's only 2 hands, so I think folding here is too weak. Calling seems legit but in case he is drawing, which happens often here in my opinion, is it for him not too cheap when we call? Now raising, it protects our hand from draws, but if we raise here, we are folding no more whatever happens.

What is the best play?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pkrpains,

What do you think will happen if you go for a raise here? Do you see him still going broke with draws? Do you think he was capable of bluffing on those type of boards? Cause clearly it hits our 3betting range.

Best Regards.
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Yeah, I can def see him gooing broke with draws on this board. Not sure about pure bluffs though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Pkrpains
      Yeah, I can def see him gooing broke with draws on this board. Not sure about pure bluffs though.
      Okay, that's great. What kind of draws do you assume him to have?
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Mostly flushdraws, as people tend to play them more aggressively than straight draws. So hands like KTcc, 9Tcc, ATcc, possibly sc's like 78cc. Ofc I cannot rule out straight draws totally.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Mostly flushdraws, as people tend to play them more aggressively than straight draws. So hands like KTcc, 9Tcc, ATcc, possibly sc's like 78cc. Ofc I cannot rule out straight draws totally.
      Could we try into equilab and lets check it out, how our equity actually does vs such a range. Those kind of things also help you to improve understanding the overall ranges and gives you an idea for future what kind of plan to have.
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Really like to work that way, veriz. Feels like I am learning something.

Gave him this:

55,QJs,AcTc,KdTd,KcTc,Tc9c,QJo

Vs that we only have 22.76% equity. Even adding many more flushdraws to his range, I can hardly reach 30%. So in theory, it's a fold on flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Really like to work that way, veriz. Feels like I am learning something.

Gave him this:

55,QJs,AcTc,KdTd,KcTc,Tc9c,QJo

Vs that we only have 22.76% equity. Even adding many more flushdraws to his range, I can hardly reach 30%. So in theory, it's a fold on flop?
      That's pretty much it unless we assume he is raising the flop with looser range, as for example bluffs etc. Though on such a board it wouldn't really make sense for him to bluff whilst it hits our 3betting range.