The final attempt

• Nercaly
      Nercaly
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Inspired by the many blogs on this forum I decided to start my own one!

Let me introduce a little bit about myself first. I'm a 26 year old guy from Holland. After I graduated from high school I spent a few years dropping out 3 different educations at university, mainly because I lacked motivation to study. After those years I decided to just get a job and forget about studying. Since then I'm working fulltime as a social worker with elderly people. Besided working I spend most of my free time at badminton (playing at a fairly decent level).

So, poker... As many others I made quite a few small deposits on different sites over the past few years. Grinded it up many times to a few hundred bucks, and then losing it all on higher stakes after a tilting session :D

About a month ago I decided to make a final 50$ deposit on Pokerstars. Grinded that up to 180ish bucks, mainly playing cashgames from 2NL to 10NL. Recently I'm becoming a bit bored with cashgaming so I'm looking to play something else. Plan for now is to start playing the FR Turbo STT's on Stars, starting with the $1,50 ones (although the rake is kinda crap).

In this blog I will to try to update at least after every session I play and post hands/spots that seem interesting to me. I will try to post weekly graphs/stats and make a summary of every month including all the goals I set for myself each month. Volume is going to be my main problem, since I'm working fulltime and spend a lot of time at badminton.

Current BR: $187

:diamond: Goals for the remaining of november :diamond:

:club: Play 250 $1,50 STT's
      :club: Study at least an hour every day (forums/video's)
      :club: Increase number of tables playing as I get familiair with playing SNG's

If you guys have any questions/comments, feel free to ask or comment!
  • 8 replies
    • axeboy90
      axeboy90
      Bronze
      Hi Nercaly,

Good choice with the blog. It's good to monitor your evolution and also getting feedback from others.
      I may recommend you to follow the bankroll management scheme because you will all your money again if you don't. BR management is what I see your problem. Have fun and best of luck at the tables.
    • Nercaly
      Nercaly
      Bronze
      Thanks axeboy. Yes, bankroll management was a big issue, but the main reason that caused me to play too high was that I couldn't handle bad swings/tilts correctly. Looking forward to control them better or just stop playing for the day if I think it starts to affect my play.

Anyway, just finished a short session of $1,50 SNG's. Think I did pretty good for the first time. Felt a bit unlucky getting 3rd 8 times out of 12 top 3 finishes. I'm happy with the result however:

SNG's played: 21
      ROI: 20.76
      Profit: $6.54

Current bankroll: $193
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Hi Nercaly, good luck with your goals ;) I also wanted to play STT, but I got bored at them, so i decided to play mtsngs.

Will follow your blog, to see how youre doing, because Im doing something similar right now ;)

gl
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Nice
      Good too see more STT players
      Will be following this

Post some hands here which you think might be important. tricky, bad/good, etc
    • Nercaly
      Nercaly
      Bronze
      Played a few more SNG's today. So far so good, pretty happy about my play, average level on these stakes seems incredibly low (of course, it's the lowest of the lowest). Going out for badminton training tonight, so this is it for today. Hope to get some real volume going this weekend, might be throwing in some zoom poker in between SNG's, we'll see.

Any suggestions on good reading material for beginning SNG players (besides the articles on pokerstrategy)?

Today's session:

SNG's played: 30
      ROI: 34.67
      Profit: $15.60

Current bankroll: $209
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Videos from LT3 abd Chenny
      Very good
      Attend Unams coaching. Very important.

I have no clue about other websites
    • Nercaly
      Nercaly
      Bronze
      Short update... Watched Chenny's introduction to single-table SNG's, was pretty informative. Also downloaded ICM trainer to practice at least a couple of hundred hands every day.

Also had some time tonight to play another session of 1,50's and it went pretty well. Bankroll is growing nice and slowly. Hopefully I can grind this up to $525 before the end of the year (150 buyins for the next level).

Today's session:

SNG's played: 44
      ROI: 17.03
      Profit: $11.24

Current bankroll: $220
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      good luck! its funny like you i dropped out of uni after the first year. back trying it again but my motivation for study is also very low.

im playing 1.50 9 mans trying to build a roll so may be see u at the tables!