me myself and I...

• ninetree
      ninetree
      Bronze
      Hello every1,
      Searching the web, mostly wanted to find out about difficulties players have in playing this "mind game", I found your page.
      Nice one, everything you want to find out about poker is in there.
      But, still I have no idea how to manage one thing....bad beats. I dont have hundreds or millions of them, I have tons of them. Online tournaments and cash game just kills me...so started to think that everything is fixed. And thats not far away from truth since its very hard to believe that i am only victim of online maniacs who pushes and shuffles on every two cards they get. Very amazing is also a fact that weak hand somehow always improves to wining hand.
      Someone can say i have nice and rich imagination or maybe i believe in some theory of conspiracy but fact is that online game is very strange.

So. i have two outs...to continue or to quit

all the best
  • 4 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      quit
    • cufc37
      cufc37
      Bronze
      I've heard that <insert site that you play on> picks a certain number of screen-names out of a hat and those people never win when they go all in. Maybe you could try creating a different account there and hope that next time you get lucky! :coolface:
    • muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cufc37
      I've heard that <insert site that you play on> picks a certain number of screen-names out of a hat and those people never win when they go all in. Maybe you could try creating a different account there and hope that next time you get lucky! :coolface:
      didnt work for me
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by muumionu
      Originally posted by cufc37
      didnt work for me
      I now have 15 accounts on *enter generic poker site* and i still can't win an all in :(

Hey ninetree.

Bad beats suck don't they? Unfortunately though they happen all the time so if you really can't handle them the best thing to do is quit now before you tilt away all your money. The good news though is that we can learn to deal with them :)

Lets say you have AA and get all in pre flop against one of those guys who shoves every hand and he has 82 and the flop is 882 :rage: we should still be happy because we got all our money in the middle as a huuuge favourite and whilst short term luck means we lost this time, in the long run (thousands and thousands of hands) we will win a lot of money in this situation. Always think about the long term results.

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com hope you don't choose to quit before you give it another chance with our help :)

All the best
      Carl