This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

good idea moving from cash tables to SNG(18man)?

• jurish123
      jurish123
      Gold
      Hello everyone,

right now i have some doubts about what to play in poker. I want to try something new, for the last 4 months i played cash games and zoom but somehow i start to lose interest in them, so i wanted to try something new. And i always wanted to try playing 18man SNG but somehow i was afraid to start everything from beggining, even if i played more than 2000 tourneys at 180man in the past and had pretty good winrate but somehow again lost interest in it. So anyway, i just wanted to hear other people oppinions.
      Also how swingy are 18man, especially in micro limits and what roi to expect ? Also are 100bi enough for grinding 200-300 tourneys a day ?

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      100bi is fine and there's more variance in these 18 man SNGs than the 1 table ones. If you start at the $1.50s, expect a lot of loose calls and unprecedented moves.

I played 18 man SNGs for awhile but I'm playing cash games now at rakeback sites. I had like a 20% ROI over 1000 games, but according to scharkscope some players have around 28% ROI over 3000 games.
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Why dont you start with STTs then move up the 18 mans
      18 mans are a bit more variance since the push or fold starts quite early as compared to STTs
    • TonyRice
      TonyRice
      Bronze
      If you are losing interest in other games then i think you should definitely take a shot at the 18mans and see if you like them. I always say (and im sure people agree with me) that you should find a game you really enjoy otherwise you will always be lacking in motivation and never try and be the best you can.

So sure take a shot if you don't like them then find another game to try until you find the one for you, trust me when you find it you will know ;) In my opinion 100 buy ins is fine.

Good luck let us know how you get on
      Carl