SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 3:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) Q:spade: 5:diamond: K:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.54, BB calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.93, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.93, 2 players) T:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $4.30, Hero raises to $15.41 and is all-in, BB calls $4.20 and is all-in

33/11/inf over 9
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Fold this pre, unless BB is a nit or rock. And use betsize of 0.3 against them, that should do it.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: Raise is fine although betsize is not. I would make it at most 0.3.

Flop: I'd prefer to check back. I think that the flop bet is too thin to be for value as villain can't call with much worse.

Turn: As played looks fine.

River: The T completes some draws like AJ/J9 (and 2p) however once villain checks he doesn't usually have a strong hand (or he is going for a ck/raise) which means that we shouldn't look to bet too big. Your bet size is fine.

I'd also bet / shove versus a fishy player as I can see him doing this with worse draws that got there (both fd/str) and sets/2p.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Preflop: Raise is fine although betsize is not. I would make it at most 0.3.

Flop: I'd prefer to check back. I think that the flop bet is too thin to be for value as villain can't call with much worse.

Turn: As played looks fine.

River: The T completes some draws like AJ/J9 (and 2p) however once villain checks he doesn't usually have a strong hand (or he is going for a ck/raise) which means that we shouldn't look to bet too big. Your bet size is fine.

I'd also bet / shove versus a fishy player as I can see him doing this with worse draws that got there (both fd/str) and sets/2p.
      I always open 0.4 from CO. Is that bad?

About cbet. If I check back my middle pairs, that means I only cbet bluff or tp+, doesn't that make me easy to read?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Opening too big from a spot where your range is wide is a bit bad. From CO we open wider to steal more so the bigger we make it the worse price we give ourselves for stealing. We also grow the pot larger with a weaker range so when we do have to abandon pots because we have nothing (more frequent than lets say from UTG) we lose more money.

You also open yourself up for lossing more money when you get 3-bet and have to fold. CO and BTN are both positions of stealing where people get 3-bet more (as a bluff).

As far as postflop goes do not worry about "balancing" at these limits. Villain is unknown so he knows nothing about you either which means that he won't know you check back weak middle pair.

And on top of that I wouldn't check all middle pairs. I would, for example, against him bet AQ type hands.