Oh...My....God....This is not happening...

• DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Somebody help, this cannot be happening...I am devastated...You probably have seen my last thread. I mean...i'm without words. How that this happen every single day... I can't stand this anymore. :( It is getting costly. I usually play NL10, this happened at NL20.

Somebody help...

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      10 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($19.79)
      UTG 1 ($3.93)
      UTG 2 ($3.40)
      MP1 ($5.30)
      MP2 ($4.00)
      MP3 ($3.10)
      CO ($20.41)
      BTN ($30.57)
      Hero ($20.08)
      BB ($18.57)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 10 players)
      8 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BB checks

Flop: 3:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:heart: ($0.40, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.20, SB bets $0.60, BB bets $3, SB calls $2.60

Turn: A:heart: ($6.80, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $5.10, SB goes all-in $16.68, BB goes all-in $10.07

River: 7:heart: ($38.65, 2 players)

Final Pot: $38.65
      Hero shows: 3:club: J:spade:
      BB shows: 7:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero wins $1.51 ( lost -$18.57 )
      BB wins $35.64 ( won $17.07 )
  • 10 replies
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      for this hand its simple. fold preflop. when you are first one in pot from CO/BU/SB you should raise or fold.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      It feels like this is all a bad dream. How can this happen to me every single day is beyond me...

I have beat the downswing, i was again where i was 10k hands back, i am feeling confident i can beat the limit. But today... omg... How can I win a hand?

How can I win anything? :(
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      dont worry, they are only 2 stacks. if you have at least 20 stacks then this shouldnt be any problem.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      sismis : Yeah, i know, fold preflop. But me and the villain had a history of blind stealing, so in this case i just call.

Yeah, just two stacks. 2 stacks + 2 stacks + 2... Man. It is just like 10k hands ago. Gone up, terrible bad luck... Needed 10k hands to get back, now happening the same.

I can't handle this anymore. I feel like the unluckiest man in the world.

I played a tournament this evening, but got bubbled out. Coinflip I lost. So instead of winning 20$ in the tourney, i end up losing 20 in cash tables.

The losses just keep piling together.

It is frustrating. I keep learning, i am watching videos, posting hands (!), i am playing a lot to learn, but my work is not paying off. I really feel like all my work is for nothing.

Just to think, where my bankroll would have been without the bad beats. I won't to throw up, when I think how many times i have been the favorite before the money went in, but then got sucked out on... How much money has gone.
      If I could just win one big hand, one stack, maybe suckout on someone, I would feel better. Maybe regain some confidence. But it does not happen. I won many little pots, but lose the big pots. It it usually like this: I grind all day long, get 1BI up, and then one hand. Suckout. I am again breakeven. My graph looks pretty good, healthy, but it doesn't show the suckouts, but to think where i would have been. Jesus... I really do not know how the hell can i even be breakeven. I probably am a winning player at this limit. Too bad this doesn't mean shit.

I'm really starting to think to just cashout 450$ i have left, not worry anymore about poker and invest my time into something else. Maybe poker is not for me, I can't stand this. I can easily get through a couple of bad beats. I just say "what can you do, let's go on"... but after 20 days of this crap happening practically every day, every session, it just gets under your skin.

I used to laugh at those who said "OMG this site is rigged", but now i can see why they would say that.

I would like to play a million more hands until the morning to get breakeven, i really do. But i am tired, and not thinking straight. Basically tilting. I need to go to bed. Maybe continue tommorow. Maybe next week, next month, maybe never. I dunno. I will probably go back to NL10 again. I am sick of it, but what can you do. I should play NL2 or something, i will lose less...

Sorry for the whining, but it helps me.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You say this is happening all the time. This hand isn't a bad beat! Its simply bad play! Just review your game, and try and sort the leaks. As you can see it costs you dearly.
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      i had 20bi downswing this month and still ended in plus at end of June, you have to get used to it. but its true that suckouts hurt alot more at FR then at SH coz you wait so long for good hands and some profit there.

Yeah, i know, fold preflop. But me and the villain had a history of blind stealing, so in this case i just call.

really dont see your point here. which card will you beat on flop and will pay you off with hand like J3 (except the one that actually did). you still need playable hand to enter the pot. and you dont need to play tricky at NL20 (he could check behind on turn with draw). many ppl can confirm that straight forward game at this stakes will bring more profit then slowplaying in long run.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      LOL. This hand is not a bad beat? The money went in on the turn. He caught his 3-outer. Again.

I fucked up preflop, post-flop is good, imo?

sismis : 20BI downswing must hurt. Have you moved down? Was the downswing because of bad beats or maybe playing worse, tilting?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I dont think anyone who plays a hand bad, can then complain. You shouldn't have been in the pot. Bad play, and your avoiding that fact.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Preflop is horrendous
      Postflop, you gotta raise waaay bigger on the flop. You'd've ended up all in anyway, but you don't know whether he's on a draw or not and need to protect, so a raise to 1 instead 0,6 $ is in order.

This hand does explain why you still play NL10 6 months after registration though.
    • IveysHome
      IveysHome
      Bronze
      We all go through downswings. However the effect they have are emphasised when we play badly. You shouldnt even be in the hand and thats the end of it even if in your opinion you played it well post flop. Just tighten up your game and ride it through.