Krist2ps: "Record volume" [Hyper-HUSNGs]

• Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Orginal post in spoiler! And first few posts are about mtsngs, but for now on this is going be hyper-husng blog.

Hello, i promised myself, if I ever reach 100$ br again, I'm gonna start to blog again. So here it goes.

Poker History:
      I have been playing poker for about 6-7 years. Took it seriously about 2 years ago, but then I stopped once I cashed out all my br. So about month and a half ago started to play again, this time I wont quit, because I need to start playing for living at some point. For past month I have been playing at stars 0,5$ buy in mtsngs with 90 players. Been doing pretty well so tomorrow I'm moving up in the poker world - to 1$ 90 players :)

Here is my stats and graph so far:

I'm affraid that this is just heater, but my friend/coach after reviewing many of my HH told me, that I definetly have future here. Let's hope he is right. :)

My poker goals:
      :diamond: Play at least 40-50 mtsngs a day from now on
      :diamond: Reach 300$ bankroll by end of the month
      :diamond: Find new strategy videos to watch one every day
      :diamond: Start/join a study group pretty soon
      :diamond: Figure out how to get gold status here, since my Pokerstars account isn't tracked.

Other goals:
      :spade: Quit smoking :f_biggrin:
      :spade: Find new physical avtivity, recently quited floorball because I messed up my knee pretty bad and can't play anymore.

I think about 150BI for 1$ 90 player mtsngs should be enough. And I created blog to follow my progress, talk nonsense with others and hopefully to get some feedback from other players. :f_cool:

And as you can see, English isn't my native language ;) That's it for my first post here.

Opening post under construction!

Goals:
      :club: Learn basics for HUSNGs (never have played them)

And that's it, my only goal for December. :f_biggrin:
  • 53 replies
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      HeyHey

First off, congrats on making $$$! :s_cool:

If what your friend says is true (you having a future in these games) which I think is based on your graph, 100BIs should be enough imo to move up to the $1 games. It's a little aggressive but I would think that only a sick sick sick downswing would bring you back to where you started... if you play well :)

PS: check your friend requests
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Added ;)

Well, i have 150BI, so should be ok, and also I can move down at any time, but let's hope it won't be necessary :)

Also, posted to start a study group here
    • Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      I'll be following this blog, and hope you ship it up those limits!
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Tried to play a decent session, but it's too early, 90's are filling up too slow, and I can't play just few tables. Will wait 2-3h and then play for about 4h. So far managed to play just 12 sng's, in the end -3BI. But I will get there.

Ok, till later...
    • Flushmaker89
      Flushmaker89
      Bronze
      Hey, gl with your blog.

I started also to play mtsngs, but not the 90 men, I play the 45 men. Why are you playing the 90 men sngs?
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Kinda like them, but just now tried 45's, seems really soft and much better. What limits you play?
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Okay, for today I managed to play 48 mtsngs. 22 at 1$-90 and 26 at 1.5$-45. At one point almost started to tilt, because nothing holded up, every flip I lost and was down about 40~$. But somehow managed to end the day with +3$.

Today I realised that 45s are much better suited for me, so I will stick with them for a while and see how it goes. Just need to adjust ICM calculations.

See ya.
    • Flushmaker89
      Flushmaker89
      Bronze
      I play at the moment the $0,50 sngs. I need $15 more to play the $1,5 after my bankrollmanagement.
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hey Kristaps! I wish you all the best on cracking those 45mans. I played them myself for a while, but not anymore right now! Be aware, there is gonna be some variance and swings in those, so prepare yourself mentaly too!

I`ll try to follow your blog from time to time, to see how it goes for you!

Veiksmi! :)
    • Roachor
      Roachor
      Bronze
      Well, i t hought i was the nonsense talk guy so no need for this blog ^_^

Gonna follow this 1 and hope it goes better with you than with me. (down 30 bi now :D lol)

Im on a fulltime tilt atm.
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      So, where do i start. I'm breaking even over 150 games now at 1.5s. About 1/3 of them I played not so good, but in others tried climb out of the hole, in the end - can't get past 150$ br mark :D

Yesterday didn't play at all, but I reviewed most of my HH and all i can say - I have lot of work to do. Sometimes I shove too wide, sometimes too loose, seems to I can't find middle line. I loose many hands where I shove A5s+ from bb/sb/btn, where I shove after one limp in the hand with 12bb or less as in these limits players often limps with AQs+, JJ+.

I don't know if I'm gonna play today, because tomorrow is Latvian Idependence Day and everyone is celebrating today, because tomorrow is sunday. Well, will see ;)

Later :f_cool:
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      You need massive volume sir
      150 games is a tiny sample
      And youre already running breakeven which is good news already as your concepts are clear

But you can only judge after youre past 1K games or so in these games
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Variance is killing me! :f_biggrin:

It's hard to set mind straight when you are down like 30-35BI even at micro limits. But after all - breaking even :D Maybe I should move back to 1$ 90 sngs, so I could feel more comfortable and not thinking that at some point im down 1/3 of BR.

For past days read a lot, watched/re-watched videos, did some ICM training, was getting about 90% correct, so I don't think problem is there. It's just in my mind.

Here is my graph for past few days at 1.5$ 45s:

Also re-configured TableNinja so I can multitable much easier. I set on monitor 4 spots, so I can move there tables according to blind level with simple hotkeys. After todays session I noticed that I start to get bored playing 10 tables, wanna add 2 more, but don't know about that since I'm just breaking even.

See ya :f_cool:
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Good luck, man! ;)

Veiksmi! :)
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      Long time no update :f_cool:

Ok, so I made "few" changes to my game. I'm moving to Hyper-HUSNG's and this is no longer mtsng blog. Why? Because I didn't really enjoyed playing 10-12 tables like a robot. Couldn't play more than 2h straight without a break, and it was taking all the fun out of poker. :f_o:

So I went on forums, looking for some inspiration and found solution - I should give a try to HUSNG's. Had no idea at first how to play them, but the thing is - now I can play only 1 table and put in solid volume at the same time. Now I feel like I'm playing poker again. :f_biggrin:

Right know I'm just learning to play ABC poker at 1.5$ hyper limits, but looks really promising and I'm having so much fun - fish is happy :f_biggrin:
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      End of the day 1 at hyper husngs.

Here is day 1 graph:

Day went surprisngly good, have lot of leaks, but will work on that. In the end Pokerstars decided to kick me in the nutz, so lost 6BI in a row with best hand, happens. :f_confused: Now gonna watch some videos, read some articles and go to sleep. Tomorrow gonna try play 150, will increase volume slowly, no need to rush anything as Im just getting used to this type of game :)

GL @ tables! :f_cool:
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      not bad for first day :)

i gave a shot in these too like a month ago, but its super huge pack of theory if u want to be really good... i found them too advanced for me atm.

Veiksmi ;)
    • Skruve04
      Skruve04
      Bronze
      Why Hypers?
      You wana earn fpp or vpp?
      Hypers have huge variance and they need very good BR to not busto.
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      @vuciitis

Heh, paldies, paldies ;) Yeah, theory here is whole different beast, but gonna try to go through it and hope for the best :)

@Skruve04

Nah, it's not about fpp or vpp since im playing micros. Hypers because it's much faster for growing BR at micros as Im playing one table, and never really liked regular speed tables at any type of game. More suitable for me. Variance isn't that huge. Im gonna be using 50/35BI rule. Move up when 50BI for next level, move down when 35BI left at current limit.