[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - 88 raise preflop?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I was planning to play raise/broke preflop cause they both had shortstacks. Not too much info on the guys. SB played one table so vs him I think the 3bet is for value. BTN has kind of a gap between his vpip/pfr over 20 hands but well, that's no sample.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1998070
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $9.85
      Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $27.96
      MP: $7.63
      CO: $29.71
      BTN: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 8 :diamond: 8 :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.63, SB calls $0.53, Hero raises to $2.25, 1 fold, SB calls $1.62

Flop: ($5.13) 3 :diamond: 4 :diamond: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $8, SB calls $6.60 all in

Turn: ($20.33) A :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($20.33) 9 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Doubt that there is much to do if you wanted to 3bet it for value preflop. We can't really fold postflop on such a dry board.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Doubt that there is much to do if you wanted to 3bet it for value preflop. We can't really fold postflop on such a dry board.

Best Regards.

I know, I just wasn't sure about preflop. I would do this with 77+ I think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.

You can't really set just a basic range for that situation. You rather base on the opponents you are against. Stop using some chart-based game and start to think about poker.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.

You can't really set just a basic range for that situation. You rather base on the opponents you are against. Stop using some chart-based game and start to think about poker.
      I'm not using a chart m8. In this exact situation based on how I think they play I would 3bet/broke with 77+..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.

I'm not using a chart m8. In this exact situation based on how I think they play I would 3bet/broke with 77+..
      So you are going broke against a MSS player here with 77+?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.

If I know he is aggro and opens wide then yes. I don't have this info here, though, I know that SB is a fish -> value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.

If I know he is aggro and opens wide then yes. I don't have this info here, though, I know that SB is a fish -> value.
      Well, you should know how default MSS player plays with PStrategy rules, that's what I am talking about. :P Open the MSS strategy section and check out.