Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1998481
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $12.24 - VPIP: 61, PFR: 16, 3B: 2, AF: 2,2, Hands: 156
      UTG: $8.54 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 1,5, Hands: 66
      Hero (MP): $12.50 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 52308
      CO: $5.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 15, 3B: 10, AF: 0,0, Hands: 55
      BTN: $12.20 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 8, AF: 2,1, Hands: 161
      SB: $5.56 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 11, 3B: 2(1/61, including this hand), AF: 2,0, Hands: 151

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with K :spade: K :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.80, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.65) 4 :club: 2 :heart: T :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

Turn: ($3.75) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.45, Hero raises to $4.90, SB calls $1.26 all in

River: ($11.17) 3 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 6 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey Imimba1,

Well, what is the purpose of the call? Wanna see if he bets 2 streets and fold the turn if he bets it? Then you will be sure that it is AA :D ? This is one of the best boards that you could have hoped for and it wouldn't now make much sense to fold it now since you called preflop to keep his 3bet range wide. SO just jamm it as you did and hope for the best.

Best regards,
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hey Imimba1,

Well, what is the purpose of the call? Wanna see if he bets 2 streets and fold the turn if he bets it? Then you will be sure that it is AA :D ? This is one of the best boards that you could have hoped for and it wouldn't now make much sense to fold it now since you called preflop to keep his 3bet range wide. SO just jamm it as you did and hope for the best.

Best regards,
      Preflop: I can not bet for value. There is absolutely no way a weak hand is calling or 4betting. I HAVE to call. 4betting is hugely overplayed here. Hugely.

Postflop: Again, he may fold QQ, JJ if I raise there. He is a huge nit, I must not make him fold weaker hands. I HAVE to keep his range as wide as I can, hence the flop call.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hey Imimba1,

Best regards,
      Preflop: I can not bet for value. There is absolutely no way a weak hand is calling or 4betting. I HAVE to call. 4betting is hugely overplayed here. Hugely.

Postflop: Again, he may fold QQ, JJ if I raise there. He is a huge nit, I must not make him fold weaker hands. I HAVE to keep his range as wide as I can, hence the flop call.

Sorry, mate no more evaluation. No more in charge
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      do not get it and I agree with Sikac, if you do not 5 bet and you just call you seem afraid just to AA and so just check fold the flop, if he think he has aces, otherwise why do not you ship pre and you are giving too good odds for hands like 99+ to set mine...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If you are going broke postflop on a non A flop you might as well go with that preflop.

Based on your assumptions aren't you just set mining preflop? Although I'd personally not put him only on KK+

In 6 max I'd still 4-bet and go with the hand preflop, esp at 5nl (100 bb deep).

As played, if we can't expect him to bluff turn we can just shove the flop .
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      If you are going broke postflop on a non A flop you might as well go with that preflop.

Based on your assumptions aren't you just set mining preflop? Although I'd personally not put him only on KK+

In 6 max I'd still 4-bet and go with the hand preflop, esp at 5nl (100 bb deep).

As played, if we can't expect him to bluff turn we can just shove the flop .
      What is villain's range?
      -A nitty player 4bets 4* from the SB the MP open raiser (with huge fish BB still after him). This is almost never a bluff. His WIDEST range is TT-AA, AK.

What is my equity?
      MP2 34.03% 32.32% 1.71% TT+, AKs, AKo
      MP3 65.97% 64.26% 1.71% KK

How do I maximize EV?
      A) I 4bet. --> AA goes broke, we loose our stack
      TT-JJ folds, we win his little 3bet.
      QQ, AK I dunno whether he calls or goes broke.

b) What could I expect postflop: Pot is 1.65$, villain: 4.76$, so SPR is 2.9. With overpair I'm going to go broke.
      Ah, such marginal decision, maybe it doesnt even matter what I do...