This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJ, cbet or not to cbet?

• ArtCascade
      ArtCascade
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $1.29
      BU:
      $1.00
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $2.81
      UTG2:
      $4.80
      MP1:
      $3.80
      MP2:
      $2.13

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) 2, Q, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BB raises to $0.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.26.

Is this a silly cbet? I realise I don't have many outs, but with this dry board it is not likely that villain hit either, I have high card, so with initiative I was hoping to collect the pot. When I played the hand I had very few hands with villain, but later on he turned out to be very loose, so at that point I probably wouldn't have bothered, but let's assume unknown villain here.

Or maybe people just don't fold enough on NL2, even with air, that this cbet is -EV?
      With a call, what would my plan be for turn (assuming I miss), c/f?

Thanks for any help! :)
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      i would probably lean towards check/folding here. i would expect villain to float almost 100% on this particular board, and then we just end up check/folding turn so often
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If you check you almost always have to give up against unknown.

As you said he doesn't hit this board very often so we can make a bet and collect the pot often enough to show a profit. With a 10c bet you need to win the pot ~38% of the time.

If you get called on most low turn cards we can simply ck/fold. I would fire again on a K or A. On a T we can also fire sometimes and on a J we could check and see what he does.
    • ArtCascade
      ArtCascade
      Bronze
      Yes, I guess my question boils down to whether unknown at NL2 fold 38% or more in this spot. :P I think that was my motivation for keeping the betsize pretty small. With a potsized bet, I would need 50% fold, and not sure the larger bet would increase the fold-probability that much?

So I should just accept that this was one of the (less than) 62% and fire again next time?

thanks.