Completely Adrift!

• pepeelpewRNMD
      pepeelpewRNMD
      Bronze
      Please, don't move this to MSS.

First I started studying SSS, then I discovered that it is impossible to play it nowadays.
      No notes on the basic articles about this.
      Hours losed. Ok.

Later I studied MSS Basics, it used a lot more time, and I discovered the basic strategy only works until NL2 (by many and many forum postings).
      Nothing about that was said on Basic Articles. Why you not simple tell:
      Basic articles are only a way to start, you will not be able to make good money from there.
      Anyway, it is ok.

I became Bronze, and later Silver.

Some good articles but...

MSS articles mixed with SSS articles. This sucks, believe, this sucks.

How can I know what works, what not? What to use on MSS?

What differences among NL2 to NL10, to NL50?

Why MSS works only until 50 BBs?

What are the differences between 8 players and 6 players?

How to adapt to oponents?

Any article with this info?

Should I become Gold? Platinum? Black?

Why you selling the golden eggs not the goose?

You claim as a Silver Member I will be able to beat NL50.

I only ask you: how?

HOW CAN I LEARN TO THINK AND BECOME INDEPENDENT MSS PLAYER?

You may say: hey you wanna things to be easy?

No, I just think that the "biggest poker school of the world" would help their CLIENTS to think, not to only give "Maps" for them to only later say they that those "Maps" not have the complete info. And they need to buy more and more "Maps".
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hey,

i'm not a mss player, but i think that a good way to go is to watch videos and be a regular in the hand evaluation forums. :f_biggrin:

i'm afraid that many articles, in all areas, are indeed severely outdated. i wish for that someday some people come around and write some new content.
      some videos are pretty darn good though. i'm pretty sure that there are good mss videos, but not being a mss player i can't tell you any further.

good luck in your quest for success :f_biggrin:
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Why MSS works only until 50 BBs?

Because of implied odds and effective stacks. As your stack gets larger in terms of bb, hands like pocket pairs and suited connectors are more valuable because they are better able to make monsters than hands like AKo. When you're raising preflop with 50bb you're unlikely to make it to the river in an aggressively contested pot - either someone will have folded or got it all in. If you have say 300bb, you're going to be facing three rounds of betting, where you can get raised and reraised. And while its fine to risk 50bb on TPTK you'd have to be a wee bit crazy to want to get in 300bb with just TPTK. When you only have 20bb, there's only gonna usually be preflop and flop play, which means hands which are likely to be TPTK/overpair type hands on the flop are the only hands you want to be playing, mid/low pocket pairs and suited connectors don't play well with 20bb.

What are the differences between 8 players and 6 players?

Hand ranges. When the blinds come round less often due to more players, it is easier to wait for a better hand, and it is also more likely that someone at the table has a better hand. Generally, the fewer players there are at the table, the looser you should play.

How to adapt to oponents?

By doing whichever play best counteracts the exploitable areas of their game.
      This is kinda hard to explain but for example say you're up against a guy who is cbetting 100% of the time and raising a tiny bit loosely preflop. Obviously this is exploitable because he's not going to have a good hand 100% of the time. You can then adapt by floating him - calling his continuation bets with nothing in an attempt to take the pot on the turn when he gives up. Or even simpler, say you are up against opponent playing only 2% of hands. They are playing nothing but monsters, so you never get in the pot with them except with pocket pairs hoping to hit sets, as when you do, they will find it hard to let go of AA/KK after waiting so long to get it.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Tomaloc

i'm afraid that many articles, in all areas, are indeed severely outdated. i wish for that someday some people come around and write some new content.
      Hey this is exactly what we are doing now and over the upcoming weeks and months you will be able to see brand new written content in the forms of articles.

@pepeelpewRNMD Thanks for your feedback, we will bring this up on Friday in a meeting and I will get back to you with a good response by Friday afternoon.

Thanks for the feedback
      Patrick
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Originally posted by Tomaloc

Hey this is exactly what we are doing now and over the upcoming weeks and months you will be able to see brand new written content in the forms of articles.
      thank you sir :)

i fail quoting