Need help: Improving my HUD

• DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Im slowly building my HUD and I just added Flop agg %, Turn agg %, River agg %. I would like to customize them a bit, because they are all so green :baby: I would like to customize them into 3 colors (3 value ranges), but im having trouble figuring out where to put the borders.

Something like 0-20, 20-40, 40-100, but i have no idea what the division should be so it is adequate to reality.

Any help will be appreciated :f_love:

Regards,
      DannyJQ

p.p. sry if wrong section =)
  • 6 replies
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      I don't know if this is the right section ?!

I can describe the method I use for coloring stats briefly.

In HM2 you can now configure color schemes, which is very nice.
      I have on color scheme for a loose<>tight ranged stat and a different color scheme for an aggro<>passive ranged stat. You should select colors that make intuitive sense to you.

Then for deciding on the color ranges you go to HM1:players, HM2: Opponents: Summaries. Here you find at least a good number of stats with their averages and common deviations. You set the most common stat to neutral (/or you define neutral as what you find unexploitable) and color tight/loose/aggro/passive in accordingly.

I have no idea how river agg% is distributed, but I think it certainly belongs to the aggro<>passive scheme. I think agg% are centered around 30+-2, so maybe do
      21-24: very passive
      25-28: passive
      29-31: normal
      32-35: aggro
      35+: very aggro

But maybe its not around 30%, I dont know, your stat :) . If you dont even know what it looks like you should probably not use it, by the way.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      I use this method
      VPIP PFR green means fish, red means nit ( I only use this, because thats how I got used to it over the last 3years, hem standard)
      but everything else I use this
      green = good
      red = bad

so I color everything, low steal = green, big steal = red, same with everything, 3bet, 4bet 5bet, flop turn river cbet, fold to cbet, absolutely everything, so when I look at the stat ( I have 5row hud) I instantly know if its good or bad for me. and I have in between colors, orange means the most in between, thats for good standard players (balanced). yellow is above green so not that good but still pretty good.

Its a question of how you are used to things but I believe for me at least this is the best, I couldn't ever play poker again without these colors, absolutely neccesary for me. The only thing I have on light blue is the agg, so its very easy to find between green/yellow/orange/red, because I know what aggro number is good and what is bad, otherwise it would be hard to find it. I use HEM1 still btw, too many bugs in HM2. Best is to manually edit every %, because for example on NL10 a river agg of 15-20% is very common, most players have that, but at NL100 15% is insanely nitty. GL
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Personally my HUD just contains the most important Preflop and Flop stats. These are the spots which come up the most often. Then I just rely heavily on popups for Turn/River/Unique Situations/Positional PF stats.

VPIP PFR ATS WTSD
      3bet Fold to 3b Flop Cbet Fold to Flop Cbet
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Personally my HUD just contains the most important Preflop and Flop stats. These are the spots which come up the most often. Then I just rely heavily on popups for Turn/River/Unique Situations/Positional PF stats.

VPIP PFR ATS WTSD
      3bet Fold to 3b Flop Cbet Fold to Flop Cbet
      +1

I think after some vary basic stats, having too many on your screen in confusing instead of helpful.

Also in every circumstance you will be needing different stats.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Try a clean hud, and then try a stat heavy one, both have their benefits and see which suits. Personally I preferred a clean hud and when necessary bringing up the popup, you get used to it eventually.

gl, Paul.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Honestly I would just buy a made hud on 2p2. I paid $99 for 3 huds and NC package. It's very well organized and color coded.