This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK betting on the river?

• ooptix
      ooptix
      Global
      PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

j0ecracker (SB): $3.30
      Bobble (BB): $4.00
      brpecly (UTG): $4.00
      Alex6027 (MP): $3.51
      pokeR.J (CO): $8.99
      Ghabee (BTN): $18.54

j0ecracker posts SB $0.02, Bobble posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Bobble has K:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, pokeR.J raises to $0.08, fold, fold, Bobble raises to $0.24, pokeR.J calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.50, 2 players) 2:club: 3:heart: 4:heart:
      Bobble bets $0.36, pokeR.J calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.22, 2 players) A:club:
      Bobble bets $0.77, pokeR.J raises to $1.54, Bobble calls $0.77

River: ($4.30, 2 players) Q:club:
      Bobble bets $1.86 and is all-in, pokeR.J calls $1.86

Bobble shows K:diamond: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 70%, Flop 4%, Turn 3%)
      pokeR.J shows 5:spade: A:heart: (Straight, Five High) (Pre 30%, Flop 96%, Turn 97%)
      pokeR.J wins $7.62

Hello, what should I have done on the river? Shouldn't I bet in this situation or was it the right move? Until the river I felt confident in my actions but then on the river I was not sure anymore about it. What went wrong? Bobble
  • 2 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      fold turn to villain's raise. villain won't be raising anything worse than Ax in this spot, and that is a generous raising range. as played definitely bet/fold turn and check/fold river
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey ooptix,

I would just X/F turn since I dont expect people to be bluffing me there if they have a showdown value hand. All preflop Ax are calling the flop so lets say there should be enough of them.
      As played:
      Just Bet/Fold the turn. There is simply no sense in calling this off nor trying to turn our hand into a bluff since we are very rarely be ahead or can make better hand to fold.

Best regards,