MP: $6.89
      CO: $6.38

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has K:heart: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.28, 2 players) Q:diamond: K:club: J:heart:
      SB bets $0.19, Hero calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.66, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      SB bets $0.46, Hero raises to $1.50, SB raises to $3.67 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.17

River: ($8.00, 2 players) 8:diamond:

I know that the first mistake was that i didn't 3bet PF. As i hit the flop well then decided to let villain continue the agression and ship on turn. Should i be worried about any sets or straights?
  • 2 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      I reckon the call pf is ok because you still keep a lot of hands that you dominate in such as KT,QT,QJ, KJ even K9,Q9 , K8 Q8 type hands.

You could have raised the flop because it does hit a lot of his range and he may still want to continue with weaker two pairs which are definitely plausible but you are also wanting to protect against some Tx type draws that have the oesd. As played though i like your raise on the turn and i think you can get it in profitably against his range.

He definitely has sets and straights in his range but your still beating QJ, KJ and he could even have AK
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      3-betting preflop would most likely turn your hand into a bluff. Villain is loose enough that by calling we keep a lot of dominated hands in his range and we still have position with a good hand. So calling is fine.

Postflop we should worry about sets/straights because they are part of his double barrel range. Why should we not? Did he do something that could say those hands are not possible?

So he could have T9 (mostly suited), all AT, KK, QQ, JJ (KK and QQ only one combo each). So in total these combos are 4 for T9, 16 for AT, 5 for JJ/QQ/KK which comes out to about 25 combos that beat us.

Then there are 4 combos of KQ that we split with.

And remaining hands that we could get value from are QJ (max 6 combos), KJ (max 6 combos) and maybe some AK/AQ (diamonds)

So as you can see there aren't many worse hands going with the hand there unless he is a maniac postflop and bluffs/semi-bluffs with hands like JT or AJ.

So unless I can assume he can do the above I simply call turn as well. raising/ Going all in is very thin at best.