Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BB: $55.33 (110.7 bb)
      MP: $74 (148 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $58.97 (117.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      MP folds, CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, CO calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) J Q K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($19.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($33.50) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $16.75, Hero calls $16.75

CO

This is one of the worse boards I could get. Villain likes to call 3bets, so he could have a lot of random broadway combos, which hit this board a lot (lots of twopair+). At the same time he is very aggro, and doesnt fold a lot, so I didnt want to bet/fold, nor bet/bet/checkfold, so I switched to bluffcatch mode.
      Flop/turn stabs are easy ch/call, but I think I should have folded on the river...
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

I'd most likely fold the turn cause what do you have beat? Practically every broadway has something hit on the flop and way too many broadways have 2pairs/sets. Rather fold the turn.

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      I'd most likely fold the turn cause what do you have beat? Practically every broadway has something hit on the flop and way too many broadways have 2pairs/sets. Rather fold the turn.
      So you basically agree with the passive approach postflop, just bluffcatch one street only?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Originally posted by veriz
      So you basically agree with the passive approach postflop, just bluffcatch one street only?
      Correct, cause this board really is one of the worst boards you could imagine hitting. :D He doesn't really have many bluffing hands there.
      Bronze
      So we are also assuming that he is likely to choose such betsizing on both flop+turn with strong hands as well in order to keep weaker hands in the pot, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      So we are also assuming that he is likely to choose such betsizing on both flop+turn with strong hands as well in order to keep weaker hands in the pot, right?
      Or either invite bluffs cause clearly any sets or strong hand would have CB the flop.