[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - KQ firing 2 barrels in 3B pot.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

Stats:
      UTG: Uknown, I know he plays 10 tables and sits with a fullstacked so we can assume he is a regular.
      MP: 41/12/17h. Plays 1 table. = Fish

Here are my thoughts:

Preflop: Pretty standard for me. We're just isolating the fish in this spot.

Ones the regular calls I give him the next range:
      Mostly TT, JJ, QQ and AK (close to all combo's).
      Some combo's of TJs, QJs, KQs, AQs. We can't be sure of this but he can call a bit wider than normal cause there is some value to get from the fish.
      And then some combo's of KK+ because he doesn't want to scare away the fish. I think he certainly can have a lot of combo's KK. I'd just give him 1-2 combo's AA though.

Flop Here we have to decide wheter we check/fold or we bet twice. With our percieved range being extremely strong (Sqz vs UTG) and the board pretty dry (floatable) I thought it was best to barrel. So I bet here and I guess most hands he could continue with here are QJs (some combo's), TT (maybe 2 combo's), JJ (all combo's), QQ (all combo's), KK (all combo's, maybe 1 discount cause of preflop), AA (let's say 1 combo) and then about 3 floated hands (AK/AQs with BDFD or something).

Turn: I think it's best to bet cause again we are repping KK+ and keeping in mind that he is probably a solid player he is going to fold Jx, TT, QQ, floats in almost any case :)

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1998835
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $26.25
      MP: $7.61
      CO: $21.40
      BTN: $24.98
      Hero (SB): $25.00
      BB: $25.70

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K :heart: Q :club:
      UTG raises to $0.75, MP calls $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $2.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($7.50) 8 :spade: 3 :heart: J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, UTG calls $3.75

Turn: ($15.00) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Might be not that good idea to CB such boards whilst UTG flats you. Especially if he seems to be reggish player he will have more often a lot of PPs which flat vs the squeeze than just overcards. Therefore I'd opt for Check/Fold instead.

Being OOP I'd most likely squeeze also a bit bigger. I hope you planned to play for the stacks vs a fish, so give him a tell about it.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Might be not that good idea to CB such boards whilst UTG flats you. Especially if he seems to be reggish player he will have more often a lot of PPs which flat vs the squeeze than just overcards. Therefore I'd opt for Check/Fold instead.

Being OOP I'd most likely squeeze also a bit bigger. I hope you planned to play for the stacks vs a fish, so give him a tell about it.

Best Regards.
      Yes I was planning to go broke vs the fish.

I don't understand 'Especially if he seems to be reggish player he will have more often a lot of PPs'. In my eyes this looks like a great argument to barrel because I'm super strong and has to fold almost all of those PP's.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.
      Yes I was planning to go broke vs the fish.

I don't understand 'Especially if he seems to be reggish player he will have more often a lot of PPs'. In my eyes this looks like a great argument to barrel because I'm super strong and has to fold almost all of those PP's.
      This is a argument of him rather not folding many of those. ;) UNLESS we know that he is capable of doing that, do you think that?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Well; I thought he was capable of folding a wide range OTT, even QQ. That's why I barreled
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well; I thought he was capable of folding a wide range OTT, even QQ. That's why I barreled
      Well, QQ is rarely folding. :P Especially vs your size. Though if you go into barreling then should also consider 2nd barreling. But as said rather vs a PPs main range we want to Check/Fold the flop instead.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Well, QQ is rarely folding. :P Especially vs your size. Though if you go into barreling then should also consider 2nd barreling. But as said rather vs a PPs main range we want to Check/Fold the flop instead.
      Oh allright. Why do you think he isn't folding QJ/QK/AQ/QQ? Don't I look strong? Would bet this size with KK+ too. Or do you need more info, larger sample? You want to see a high W$SD?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I think this is EXACTLY the kind of board we should double barrel on vs weak/tight opponents.

When we 3bet and bet flop he will stick around with 99/10/10 kind of hands and even Jx.

On the turn I think he folds these hands very often but when he does call the turn he is likely calling the river too as he got his stubborn boots on and decided not to fold unless an Ace comes. We have blockers to KK/QQ to block the slow played overpairs.

Also something to consider is floats. We can never c/call kq in this spot, but when we check he always bets his floats, by betting the turn here we win the hand with the best hand a certain % of the time that we wouldn't if he decided to check.

Just something to think about when considering double barreling.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Keep it up pleno :) . Are you doing this for free? :rolleyes: No Pro Judge?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I wouldn't say for free, I work for the Poker school at PokerStrategy.com but I am more than happy to give some weekend time up to help you guys out, its not as if it is a massive chore and I am shoveling coal, poker is fun!