[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - Barrel turn vs fish?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

Stats:
      51/2/80h passive fish who folded 60% to CB's.

Preflop: Allthough the hand doesn't play great I'm isolating here. I mainly do it because of his high F2CB. We also have position.

Flop: This board hits his calling range well but with my position advantage I choose to CB.

Turn: Scarecard arrived. Can we barrel and make some 3th pairs to fold and maybe @ the same time valuebet vs 78, GS...?

He showed up with Q5s.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1998854
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $27.61
      MP: $16.92
      CO: $25.25
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $17.82
      Hero (BB): $49.33

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 2 :spade: K :club:
      4 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.00) 5 :club: T :club: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.50) A :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.50) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

The fold to CB ain't that high. With such a hand as K2o you may want to Check it instead cause clearly you can't raise it for value. Or do you think you are able to raise for value?

Nor the CB ain't that good whilst it's pretty drawy and he never folds a pair.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

The fold to CB ain't that high. With such a hand as K2o you may want to Check it instead cause clearly you can't raise it for value. Or do you think you are able to raise for value?

Best Regards.
      Okay Ty. Preflop was purely because of his 'high' foldtoCB. I thought it was high enough... Especially in this spot where his range will be weak and he'll play OOP.

I also thought we should CB a lot of flops ones we open such crappy hands. Isn't that true?

And what about the turn? Should we barrel as played?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Best Regards.
      Okay Ty. Preflop was purely because of his 'high' foldtoCB. I thought it was high enough... Especially in this spot where his range will be weak and he'll play OOP.

I also thought we should CB a lot of flops ones we open such crappy hands. Isn't that true?

And what about the turn? Should we barrel as played?
      That's true that we should be CBetting a lot of hands. The problem is though that it's way too connected and he is never folding pair/draw holdings and may even float with Ace high. Therefore we want to avoid without having any strong backdoors.

Double-barreling doesn't make sense vs a loose opponent, you want to mainly catch him for value.