[NL2-NL10] Play on Turn and River?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $4.87 (121.8 bb)
      BB: $3.35 (83.8 bb)
      MP: $5.28 (132 bb)
      CO: $4.46 (111.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.09 (102.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 8
      MP calls $0.04, CO raises to $0.16, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.14, BB folds, MP calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.52) 2 5 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, MP calls $0.36, CO folds

Now I think I should have bet a bit higher `0.44

Turn: ($1.24) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.72, MP calls $0.72

On the turn I'm planning to bet/fold. Once he doesn't raise I think he's on a draw or a TP kind of hand.

River: ($2.68) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.28, Hero calls $1.28

On the river I decide to check/call so that I give him a chance to bluff with his missed draws or overplay his pairs. I don't think he'll call my bet on the river so being OOP I decide to induce.
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello

Otherwise well played, but you could even bet a bit bigger on turn (like 0.85) and C/shove the river. Liked the idea to let him bluff his missed draws, but why don't you shove? He could call you with Kx or if he will fold he will fold anyway. There's only 3 combos that beat you (JJ/KK+55), so C/shove river.

E: Yeah, missed draws definitely might be there, so call.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I don't shove because he'll only call me if he has a slowplayed flush and fold everything else including his bluffs. I highly doubt that he'll call a river check/shove with just a K pair and I don't see a lot of KJ combos that he might have which is probably the only hand I beat that calls a river shove the way the hand was played.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If we donk we should make it bigger for value/protection.

What missed draws can he have on the river? What pairs would he overplay?

Most players check back their pairs and even missed draws (which aren't very many).
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      If we donk we should make it bigger for value/protection.

What missed draws can he have on the river? What pairs would he overplay?

Most players check back their pairs and even missed draws (which aren't very many).
      Ah5x, Khx are definitely betting river although I don't know if lower Khx might call a river bet. He could bluff with some Ahx without a pair. He could use some other hands to bluff for the reason that I checked after the K fell which could be a scare card for me.

The table was anonymous which I why I don't have the stats right now but I remember this guy was pretty lose to have the combos I mentioned.

EDIT: Ah8, AhJ might also play the same way and bet river confidently after I check but might give up if I bet.