Growing Wings

• Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

This is a new blog my good friend Coup and I have decided to create. We have been involved in poker for quite few years now. With more or less success.The Reason for this blog is a serious attempt to take a more structurised approach towards poker that will hopefully make a difference and help us evolve as poker players.Expect some strategy discussions, hand histories, graphs, trashtalk, music...
      Recently we have been sharing handhistories quite extensively and we came to the conclusion that multiple opinions might have a very positive effect.
      We hope to get some good feedback and get better on the shoulders of this community. And of course, last but not least, have a lot of fun along the way :)

Expect short introduction by both of us and after that some more content.
  • 6 replies
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      I have been around Pokerstrategy forums since the registration. I have been more of a passive user, just browsing through the forums, following a blog or two, but now hopefully this will change.

Some players already know me, to others I will introduce in this short introduction.
      I am 24years old student of mechanical engineering. Nowdays I am playing NL25. By BR shrunk significantly due to rl expenses, so I had to move down from NL50.I mostly play 4-6 tables 6max and mix it with rush/zoom games. I have a private pilot licence, which I plan to turn into profession in near future.
      Other than that I am quite busy with UNI. I try to have a healthy diet, doing sports regulary ( swimming, badminton, apnea).
      Overall I feel like I am having the time of my life. I have met a ton of interesting people in last few month I am working on some side projects, basically trying to improve on multiple areas.
      Feel soooooo much energy right now. Life is good :P

Talk to you soon
    • Coup
      Coup
      Bronze
      Hey!

I'm Ziga, 24, no pilot but I like to get high which is how I can infiltrate myself into this blog.

I've ben living off poker these past few years, the last one without playing as a horrorfest at NL100 made me take a prolonged break. Procrastination slowly but steadily ate my bankroll to the point where my sister and Ensy are now staking me until I get back on my feet.

I've been zooming NL25 for a bit more than a month now slowly getting back in shape. I like to think I have a solid gameplan and my biggest (only?) problem is tilting like a mofo. Scratch that, I only like thinking about the first part. Also, I don't think I've marked 20 hands in my life so marking and posting hands is going to be the biggest challenge of this blog for me.

What else? I've recently moved to a small village where I have only mobile internet which keeps tilting me, but everything else here's great. I also started training Wing Chun with my wife to be but other than that I'm a total chair potato. I do have a fantastic chair though..

Anyway, gonna try to post some spots, should really find some with playing over 100k hands a month:)

hf :)
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Villain was unknown at the time. Flop and turn pretty standard imo. I get pretty good odds on the river but not sure with what he might be bluffing there. He is UTG, I have A :spade: I only beat AJ and split with AK. And he probably doesnt bet AJ, so fold?

Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $25 (100 bb)
      MP: $32.59 (130.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $34.20 (136.8 bb)
      BTN: $25.76 (103 bb)
      SB: $7.33 (29.3 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K A
      UTG raises to $0.85, MP folds, Hero calls $0.85, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($2.80) 5 Q T (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, SB folds

Turn: ($6.30) A (2 players)
      UTG bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

River: ($12.80) 6 (2 players)
      UTG bets $7

Hand2:
      Turn is decent card to barrel again but villain was pretty nitty. 13/11. So this board hits his range when he doesnt fold flop. I should have checked turn back I think. actually now when looking at this hand, why not delay cbet flop? I can still get him to fold medium pairs when he checks to me?

BTN: $49.94 (199.8 bb)
      SB: $26.46 (105.8 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $40.15 (160.6 bb)
      Hero (MP): $35.06 (140.2 bb)
      CO: $20.34 (81.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5 A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, CO folds, BTN calls $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 2 Q K (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BTN folds, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4,
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      hand3: Unknown, seemed to be on a tight side. What do you think about raising turn?

SB: $27.66 (110.6 bb)
      BB: $20.12 (80.5 bb)
      UTG: $29.30 (117.2 bb)
      MP: $25.85 (103.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $26.72 (106.9 bb)
      BTN: $28.74 (115 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) Q 2 3 (2 players)
      MP bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.65) 2 (2 players)
      MP bets $3.90,
    • Coup
      Coup
      Bronze
      Hand 1: I call here for 2 reasons. First, I'd expect a regular to bet 2pair/sets bigger both on the turn and river so I'd weigh his range more towards AK and possibly AJ. And second, he's unknow so he might be bluffing or valuebetting even worse (and even a regular can bluff a low pair on such a board I think). If you were playing against me it would be a fold though:)

Hand 2: I think checking back the turn is better against the nit as you can only hope to fold AQ. I wouldn't go for a delayed cbet though as that takes away the option of getting 3 streets of value when you hit the turn and he should also fold to a cbet more often than a delayed one with marginal hands like plus he could start bluffing the turn with hands he'd fold on the flop and he could also hit a set with some others he'd fold.

Hand 3: It's doubtful he's calling a FD as the board pairs and just as doubtful that he's calling a river shove with KQ even if he calls the turn. So I wouldnt give the hands that beat me extra money and stop him from bluffing/thinly valuebeting the river with the ones that don't.
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      Hey

Havent played much in recent days. I took a short break since I was in Vienna and was super busy with UNI. More poker from tomorrow on again.
      I feel like now its the perfect time that Coup jumps in and posts his first hand this year!