$2.67
      CO:
      $1.06
      BU:
      $6.05
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, BU folds.

Flop: ($0.3) J, 6, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, UTG2 calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.66) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.32, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.66.

Villain is about 30/10 VPIP/PFR with about 30 hands. (it is in fact the same as in the other thread, and in the same orbit.)

1) cbet on flop is standard right? I have 10 outs, and initiative. Flop kindof hits villains range though, if I get it right? As it is a bluff, I bet quite small, is that correct?
      2) Main question: should I fire second barrel on turn? I still have my 10 outs (altough he may have hit a straight with KT), but I am not sure how likely it is that villain folds. It is quite likely that he has some pair, and don't think he will fold that. In general I am hesitating to bluff too big (even semibluff as it is here), but maybe I shouldn't be so scared?
      3) Once I give him initiative it doesn't make any sense to me to call his bet. I have ten outs, which is about 20%, and I need 33% to call a half-pot bet, so I don't have pot odds, right? Maybe there are some implied odds as I may get more money if I hit, and will c/f if I miss, but there is no way I have the composure to do that kind of calculations on the spot. :P

Thanks guys! :)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ArtCascade,

Preflop: Having 3 limpers + OOP you want to raise it bigger 16 cent.
      Postflop: Not worth CBetting the flop at all cause you rarely going to have much fold equity here and get floated very often. Just CB once wont work out but rather just waste of money.

Best Regards.
    • ArtCascade
      ArtCascade
      Bronze
      Hello Veriz!

Thanks for reply!

So the betsize here is 4BB (default) + 3BBs (for limpers) + 1BB (OOP)?

As I am struggling to understand when to cbet and when not to, could you expand a bit on the argument?
      How do I know that I will get floated a lot? Is it just a general property of poker (or NL2 at least) that people will call cbets very often? Or is it this board or this villain that makes a float very likely? Or the fact that I'm OOP?

In general, should I never cbet OOP when I miss, even with initiative and plenty of outs?

<3<3 I'm learning a lot here, thanks. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So the betsize here is 4BB (default) + 3BBs (for limpers) + 1BB (OOP)?

Default is 4bb + 1bb per limper. This should be used on those lower limits.

As I am struggling to understand when to cbet and when not to, could you expand a bit on the argument?

On that we have to work, I would recommend posting hands to clearly understand it. Also it's very good if you watch videos and read articles. There is no simple and default line to pick when to CB and it's difficult to explain with just few words.

How do I know that I will get floated a lot? Is it just a general property of poker (or NL2 at least) that people will call cbets very often? Or is it this board or this villain that makes a float very likely? Or the fact that I'm OOP?

Try playing around with equilab and this will help you a lot understanding those things. :)

In general, should I never cbet OOP when I miss, even with initiative and plenty of outs?

You don't have that many outs here, cause clearly none of them is clean out. Depends on board, depends on opponent and many more factors when we CBetting and when not.