[NL20-NL50] FR50 T8 3bet BTN vs LAG

• circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $74.40 (148.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $58.45 (116.9 bb)
      SB: $50.25 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $21.60 (43.2 bb)
      MP1: $66.70 (133.4 bb)
      MP2: $17.50 (35 bb)
      MP3: $67.95 (135.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8 T
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $5, 2 folds, MP3 calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.75) 2 5 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $7, MP3 raises to $18, Hero ?

Villains plays real loose and aggressive, 29/18/2.7 (low 3bet though), AF=7, 211 hands, raise cbet 4 times out of 7. Fold to 3bet 3 out of 3, so I decided it's +EV to 3bet him with pretty much anything non-crap until he adjusts.
      I tend to make a lot of cbets when I'm sure I have the worst hand on flops like this, with very little chance of improvement, hoping to take it down. He snap raises. I was like, ok, this is complete bullshit, but how can I take it down since I only have T high?
  • 5 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if you are sure, then shove flop and take the money. he can't bluff-call with nothing, ez :f_biggrin:

i think we could make it 9bb preflop and just give up postflop -> we are exploiting his preflop folds, he seems crazy postflop so not worth it to fire when he calls
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      he can't bluff-call with nothing
      I wouldn't be surprised to see a call by AQ no club or some retarded FD like J3 that has me totally in jail.

I was thinking about calling his raise and bluffing later, but this guy is dumb enough to call the turn too. So my only hope is for it to go check-check on the turn, and check-bet-fold on the river. Otherwise the pot is just too big for me to do anything if I decide to call there and he bets anywhere later.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well yeah, actually i understand your point as i've seen some of this nonsense weird leveling stuff on party :f_biggrin:

but that only proves the point that we should just have given up postflop :P you weren't too surprised that he raised you, were you?

anyway this is all hypothetical, i don't think he has A LOT of total trash if he has folded 3/3 so far so i don't expect to see a lot of things like 86 hearts, think our chances of pulling off some sick maneuver and winning this hand are pretty null
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      well yeah, actually i understand your point as i've seen some of this nonsense weird leveling stuff on party :f_biggrin:

but that only proves the point that we should just have given up postflop :P you weren't too surprised that he raised you, were you?

anyway this is all hypothetical, i don't think he has A LOT of total trash if he has folded 3/3 so far so i don't expect to see a lot of things like 86 hearts, think our chances of pulling off some sick maneuver and winning this hand are pretty null
      I think that raise size could be made with pretty much anything, exactly for the fact I can't do anything about it given SPR. I'm not sure he is aware of that. And in terms of levelling, I think I'm the only one levelling himself (one of my biggest problems). I think this villain thinks more in terms of: "Ok, I'm gonna bluff this guy no matter what comes on the flop"

I didn't look at his flop raise percentage until it happened, I can't be looking at that every time BEFORE making a cbet. I just thought since he folds 50% to cbets and I have no showdown value, this bet is +EV. He may fold some A and K highs. I don't think I can make the assumption I'm gonna get raised, so I'd better just give up on the hand. If I have had AQ, AK with 1 club, that's pretty much my checking range there.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello circoflax,

That's a common mistake what people do. They abuse the opponent by 3betting a lot and once they fight back you still continue overplaying your hand cause you think he is leveling himself to bluff. Though then he ends up having some overpair there which raises for value. :P And you pay for him the stacks, just fold it and leave it alone. Your plan was mainly to gain profit preflop.

Best Regards.