easier playing on ps vs ft

• mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Anyone else find it just simply more comforting playing on pokerstars? It's a small sample size, but i just don't want to play on full tilt. There is something off putting about full tilt. Maybe it is just the realization that software sucks.
  • 19 replies
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      Maybe it is just the realization that software sucks.
      lol finally somebody has said out loud
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by RobertAdams
      If you guys ever played on partypoker you wouldn't be saying that :D Party really manages to take the meaning of word sucks to a different level. I do agree that Stars have way better software on FT tho, but even FT is way better then anything else out there.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      it doesn't suck, it just wasn't developed since BF...
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      If you guys ever played on partypoker you wouldn't be saying that :D Party really manages to take the meaning of word sucks to a different level. I do agree that Stars have way better software on FT tho, but even FT is way better then anything else out there.
      At least they take something to a different level :D :coolface:
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      If you guys ever played on partypoker you wouldn't be saying that Party really manages to take the meaning of word sucks to a different level. I do agree that Stars have way better software on FT tho, but even FT is way better then anything else out there.

Party Poker at least have the fair RNG not like pstars and ftp which are programmed to favour idiots, loosers and degens + induce the action (without even hiding it). So who fkn cares about their such a premium software if in reality those sites(pstars and ftp) has nothing to do with a poker. best grinders i know don't even have that greedy scam installed on their computer. they play on ongame/ipoker/party. and those fkn shills/stars workers and fanboys are just wasting their time in poker forums promoting that scam
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      If you guys ever played on partypoker you wouldn't be saying that Party really manages to take the meaning of word sucks to a different level. I do agree that Stars have way better software on FT tho, but even FT is way better then anything else out there.

Party Poker at least have the fair RNG not like pstars and ftp which are programmed to favour idiots, loosers and degens + induce the action (without even hiding it). So who fkn cares about their such a premium software if in reality those sites(pstars and ftp) has nothing to do with a poker. best grinders i know don't even have that greedy scam installed on their computer. they play on ongame/ipoker/party. and those fkn shills/stars workers and fanboys are just wasting their time in poker forums promoting that scam
      +1

I will add my bit. I play on stars ages to play out $ 10 bucks now when I look on FTP I got something to play out quicker yet I look now down to their Silver Edge Program is claiming to give you $ 1/ 100FTPs rite? I have earned over 1,000 FTPs this week and my reward is $ 1.6.

There are only 2 things on stars/FTP regarding fairness. U either run hot or being on losing streak all day long. I've busted $ 30 bucks by being card dead, won $ 50 out of nothing by running hot as king and now am losing $ 30 by being stone dead. I either have 2p vs set/flush/str8 or set vs better hand or QQ vs AA. I can't even win small pot once flop comes because even hands like 97s always get there.

FTP/Stars are waste of time unless u get that lucky "hour"
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      understandabl since they have to make more money to cover their BF losses
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      The software doesn't suck. And I assume it will get better now that FT is back. I find that where I feel more comfortable playing is highly related to where I spent most of the time recently. So I guess it's just a habit thing. I agree with the previous poster - Party and pretty much everything else I tried sucks. Badly. FT doesn't.

As for comments about running hot and being on a downswing - it seems as you guys have a lot of room for improvement (me included, I'm not being a smartass here). Not just in mental part of the game, as just thinking that way is totaly unproductive, but also the hand reading part. When I analyzed my last downswing, I realized that I shouldn't have lost that much. Yes, there are instances of just luck doing it's job, but there were a lot of instances where I just didn't read the hand well or - probably wasn't even thinking at all at the moment except how to take the villain's whole stack.

So... Instead of bitching around how the sites are screwing you over - think about how maybe your game is screwing you over. :)

Good luck at the tables!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by mattisks

+1

I will add my bit. I play on stars ages to play out $ 10 bucks now when I look on FTP I got something to play out quicker yet I look now down to their Silver Edge Program is claiming to give you $ 1/ 100FTPs rite? I have earned over 1,000 FTPs this week and my reward is $ 1.6.

There are only 2 things on stars/FTP regarding fairness. U either run hot or being on losing streak all day long. I've busted $ 30 bucks by being card dead, won $ 50 out of nothing by running hot as king and now am losing $ 30 by being stone dead. I either have 2p vs set/flush/str8 or set vs better hand or QQ vs AA. I can't even win small pot once flop comes because even hands like 97s always get there.

Seems that you really have some massive 30$ swings :)
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Guys, the Stars software is perhaps the second best, or even the best, software out there. But, by reading the last few threads on the FT vs Stars issue, it's easy to believe that the vast majority prefer Stars software before Full Tilt. This is probably not true. The FT software is fairly discrete (, especially if you turn off the avatars). Stars has a lot of neon lights a la Vegas, constant "beeping" and "booping", where FT has a friendlier "plong", it has flashing where FT has a fading discrete visual countdown. The Stars bet slider is hopeless to operate (if you are clumsy like me). Message boxes are ubiquitous at Stars. The list can be made very very long.

My guess is that the quiet majority prefer the Full Tilt software.

Poker Stars, the owners of Full Tilt, themselves realize that the FT software is pretty good. They'll let it be, as is, while Stars is being rebuilt from scratch from what I was last told. You could attach adjectives like "fast", "reliable", and whatever to both these platforms. But you can not attach the adjective "classy" to Stars without blushing.

/Johan = :f_confused:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      Guys, the Stars software is perhaps the second best, or even the best, software out there. But, by reading the last few threads on the FT vs Stars issue, it's easy to believe that the vast majority prefer Stars software before Full Tilt. This is probably not true. The FT software is fairly discrete (, especially if you turn off the avatars). Stars has a lot of neon lights a la Vegas, constant "beeping" and "booping", where FT has a friendlier "plong", it has flashing where FT has a fading discrete visual countdown. The Stars bet slider is hopeless to operate (if you are clumsy like me). Message boxes are ubiquitous at Stars. The list can be made very very long.

My guess is that the quiet majority prefer the Full Tilt software.

Poker Stars, the owners of Full Tilt, themselves realize that the FT software is pretty good. They'll let it be, as is, while Stars is being rebuilt from scratch from what I was last told. You could attach adjectives like "fast", "reliable", and whatever to both these platforms. But you can not attach the adjective "classy" to Stars without blushing.

You do know its possible to disable sounds? They are equally annoying on all sites.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Yes. But I want the alert sound to be there at least. This sound can be actually customized at Stars (which is nice). I used a discrete fart for some time. The FT "fold" sound is ok i guess, but the relative VOLUME for that is way too high. Call, bet and raise sounds are actually bearable.

• mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      Why currently i dislike the client as a heavy multi table player

1.16 table limit no option to increase.
      2.Tile tables need to be custom set so they don't overlap
      3.Closing tables pops up client after each table.
      4.Shorter time before timeout on tables.( I think?)
      5.Must close each table individually.

Unless they update this stuff I probably won't even try to clear 200$ bonus.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Closing tables pops up client after each table.
      This is optional.

Tile tables need to be custom set so they don't overlap.
      More than once each session? That would be a bug in my eyes. My tables tile nicely. Hm... Way back it was possible to save multitable settings. Perhaps my memory is fading.

Shorter time before timeout on tables.( I think?)
      I don't know, but what I do know is that you must activate your time bank yourself. Big money have been lost not realizing this.

• mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Originally posted by mattisks

+1

Seems that you really have some massive 30$ swings :)
      yep! As it seems not anymore! :s_evil: I instaswitched to Party Poker, settled my accounts with them as I couldn't remember my pw's and acc names. It all seem irrational what I was doing before. Party was only software which I always bonus whored and left.

I quite didn't like the looks of the old and new software there. Playing fast tables now and finally figured out how to easily bet 3BB without trying to hit cursor right or click it in.. I am more than happy with this software. I don't like some graphic stuff yet I enjoy warnings for big pots etc..

And as for the RNG. Now when I play bit better I can really enjoy the upswings there and rarely have downswings. I remember from the past my biggest downswings were around 8 big bets when I was fish/tilted.

My last hand brought me here to post though. I have AK on board 777 7. SB jams on me at this point I happily called. He shows T9s. This hand was massacrously outrageous!

I love Party Poker now. I might to switch to WPT though as I really want some strategy points here and there. That will happen next month :f_cool:
    • nabokow
      nabokow
      Bronze
      they rly should fix rake at NL10 at FTP, no reason to play there after I clear my deal me in bonus, moving back to stars
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nabokow
      they rly should fix rake at NL10 at FTP, no reason to play there after I clear my deal me in bonus, moving back to stars
      yep! Their Edge program sucks the most. Good ole' times where they had Iron man are definitely over :s_frown:
    • SillySaurus
      SillySaurus
      Bronze
      Why do most of you guys think the party poker software sux? :) I have played both full tilt, stars and party, and I really like the simplicity of Party Poker. I mostly play 9-12 tables at once and find Party to be soothing for the eyes. xD I am really curious tbh. :f_grin:
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      I don't dislike dislike the Party software. I's a little bizarre, yes, but it definitely belongs in the flora and fauna.

HUM...

I have $0 and 0 PP in my account at Party. I apparently got some free money there years ago, I have a couple withdrawals recorded, so I guess i was lucky back then. With a ton of luck, it's from PS - meaning I have a tracked account without my knowledge :baby: . I'll mail them and ask them what my affiliation is.

Q: Is there a way so see this in the PP software?

Edit: Original bonus code: MILLIONDOLLAR50. Rings a bell?