Forum tips?

• 7 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey rupucis how are you doing?

If you are writing a thread, above the part where you are writing there is a bunch of buttons if you click the 5th one from the left that is the button for inserting links, the buttons go: Bold text, Italic text, Underlined text, Centered text and then the next one is the one for a link.

When you click that button a pop up will appear where you type in what you want the link to say "click here" or "this page" or whatever you want then click ok on the second pop up paste the URL of the page you want to link to and thats it, done :)

All the best
      Carl
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey rupucis2,

To create a link that directs to a specific post, within a thread, you'll need to add the Post ID that you wish to direct to.

So follow as Carl says but when you input your link, instead of

code:
      [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=217319]Link to Thread[/URL]

You'll need to add the Post ID like this:

code:
      [URL=http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=217319#post1219305]Link to Post[/URL]

The best way to get the Post ID of a particular post is to hover over one of the post buttons such as "Report" & "Quote" this will then show the Post ID at the bottom left of your browser (At least in Chrome it does). If this doesn't work you can just quote the post and check the URL afterwords.

As for linking to a specific part of a post within a thread, I'm unsure about that one, hopefully just a Post Link will do :)
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Thanks! That will do! :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      As for linking to a specific part of a post within a thread, I'm unsure about that one, hopefully just a Post Link will do :)
      If you click on the icon to the left of the time stamp of each individual post it highlights each posts' address - copy and paste that address then voila!

Gary
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Ahh crap i read the question wrong i just thought you wanted to know how to make links not go to specific posts :facepalm: Thanks Matt and Gary
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.. I made it work, everything's fine! ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Glad to help as always :)