[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 AJo ex.4 14.11.2012.

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Party Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2000682
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $26.05 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 7, AF: 4.0, Hands: 7449
      SB: $25.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 1.3, Hands: 88
      BB: $30.29 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 1.6, Hands: 67
      UTG: $25.45 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 7, AF: 3.2, Hands: 234
      CO: $30.64 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 20, 3B: 12, AF: 2.3, Hands: 79

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with J :diamond: A :heart:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 7 :heart: 2 :heart: 2 :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $1.17, Hero calls $1.17

Turn: ($4.19) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($9.19) 6 :club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

• 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

He has very high barreling tendencies, so were you really planning to call him down the whole 3 streets? I can't see how you can call the flop & turn and then fold the river = waste of money vs such persons who CBet a lot.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

He has very high barreling tendencies, so were you really planning to call him down the whole 3 streets? I can't see how you can call the flop & turn and then fold the river = waste of money vs such persons who CBet a lot.

Best Regards.
      So? Now I expect him 2 bet 2 streets with any Ax and small PP. A 3rd streets I assumed it is gonna be 99+ or air.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      So? Now I expect him 2 bet 2 streets with any Ax and small PP. A 3rd streets I assumed it is gonna be 99+ or air.
      So, were you planning to call him down 3 streets? Cause as I see 3rd barreling = the same as 2barreling.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      So, were you planning to call him down 3 streets? Cause as I see 3rd barreling = the same as 2barreling.
      Guess I m new but simply I didnt expect to see that often here a 3 barrel bluff. The point is also who do we approach such people. The board is dry and he is gonna most likely barrel out our Ax wit his whole CO range. Is 3betting pre the key to deal with such spots?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi Sikac,

I think we have to remember something here. It's NL25. People will very very unlikely be 3 barrel bluffing in such a spot, I do however think they will be cbetting as a bluff so folding flop is certaintly out of the question.

On the turn we either call turn and fold river, or fold turn all together IMO. With this weird sizing I would call again as I think he uses this sizing with his draws trying to see a river card that he will very likely c/fold.

Yes we may get bluffed, but most of the time its going to be for value and for the times he does bluff us we can say WP.

Anyway to conclude think the hand is played fine and if you folded the turn it would be played fine too.

#twowaystoplayit :)