$2.10
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      UTG2:
      $0.87
      MP1:
      $1.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, Q.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.05) T, 4, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.03, MP1 raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.19) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.09, Hero calls $0.09.

River: ($0.37) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP1 calls $0.18.

Final Pot: $0.73.

Villain essentially unknown. Not a complete maniac, but otherwise I don't really know, had like 20 hands or so.

I'm pretty sure I played this wrong, and just burned money. But I'm also trying to figure out how wrong, and what I should have done. :P

1) I bet on flop as I have top pair and good kicker. I guess worse top pairs, lower pocket pairs and flush draws can call here, so betting for value should be ok? On the other hand, a call is kindof likely, and with a J,K or A on a later street I will have to fold to any aggression (right?), so I don't feel very confident about staying in the hand. Is it better to just try to check it down, and not bet flop?
      2) I should definitely fold to the raise on flop right?
      3) And otherwise definitely fold the bet on turn, with the flush draw completing and everything. Correct?
      4) As played, what about the bet on river?, Some worse hands will call (possibly a worse flush, maybe a straight?), but Jcx+ will gladly take my money. Is c/c or even c/f better?

5) Main question: What should my plan be on this flop? I don't want to just give up top pair good kicker, but how can I put more money in the pot without scaring away all worse hands? Should I fold to any aggression?

Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • ArtCascade
      ArtCascade
      Bronze
      Turned out that villain had QcQh, so I was beaten hard on every street. But I can't really be expected to include QQ in the range of a limper, can I? >_>
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ArtCascade,

Being in a freeplay pot you should already ask yourself how good are you afterwards on the turn? Do you understand even what he is raising you with on the flop? Especially if you have the weakness of not able to lay down the hand you should just bet/Fold the flop right away.

You see yourself that you putting yourself on a spot where you totally overplaying your hand. Should be a fold on the turn as most of the draws get there, nor I don't understand what's the point of the donk on the river.

Best Regards.