Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, 2.
      4 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.04) 2, 2, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.16) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.11, SB calls $0.09.

River: ($0.38) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.38.

I am aware that I suck at poker, and that it likely is -EV for me to sit down at a NL2 table, but this villain is something else. In the about 20 hands I had with this guy, he had VPIP well over 50, PFR = 0. He went all-in preflop with K2o (and doubled up, as he hit the king vs AA, poor other guy...), and called a 4x overbet all-in with nothing but an overcard at the flop (but again, hit on the river).

So situation here is that most people on the table are trying to get his money before someone else does.

1) Should I bet more once I hit trips? Seeing how he is capable of calling 4x overbets, should I start betting 2x the pot (or more) as well?

2) Should I ditch the starting chart, and raise preflop? Villain probably completes the blinds with any two, and if I hit flop I am likely to take a lot more of his money with a larger starting pot.

I realise that this is a small fish (villain) vs a just slightly bigger fish (me) in a very small pond (NL2), but I'm trying to learn to adapt to different players, so feedback appreciated. :)

Thanks. <3
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello ArtCascade,

Raise the flop bigger/Raise the turn bigger and Bet the river for value. We want to protect our hand. :)

Preflop start raising rather those hands which you feel doing for value, you don't want to face difficult spots whilst Q2 clearly ain't having many hands beat and nor you ain't even ahead with Q high. It's of course possible to isolate but then also you have to be stronger postflop.

Best Regards.