I made a video

  • 9 replies
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Joined: 29.03.2010 Posts: 555
      link?
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2009 Posts: 756
      the quality is veeery bad, you can hardly see the HUD. I'll upload it again
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.07.2010 Posts: 694
      Hi, I only watched a couple of minutes and the first things that come to my mind was that you're not stabbing unraised HU pots (like hand #14), and that you're folding in relatively big pots with weak draws like hand #19.
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.09.2010 Posts: 2,551
      Well I suppose since I ask you guys to watch my stuff it's only fair:

      00:25 - A9o - Borderline but fold fine. What A-High would you peel here?

      1:40 - AQs - I'd bet turn here, your draw is utterly massive so you don't really care if you get raise, you also might buy the button allowing an easy check back on river.

      2:02 - KQo - I think you're giving your opponent too much credit here. If you're plan is to call the river the check is ok but I think we're ok betting here, it certainly close though, probably somehwere where I'd check sometimes and bet others. River is awful so fold is fine, were you planning on calling a brick river?

      2:30 - AA - pwned!!!

      2:40 - AJo - If his (UTG) stats are 25/6 in reality this 3-bet is spew, fold pre. Pot is too big to fold on flop, your Ace may be good sometimes and you have a BDSD, I think you have to make a "hate it" peel here just becasue of pot size

      3:35 - A6o - Interesting Line from Him. Might consider inducing on river but otherwise fine

      4:15 - 9Ts - Might consider a bluff on the turn here but he may have been betting an A-High gutshot on the flop so fold is fine

      7:00 - KTo - Might just x/r the flop here, we're not going to SD with KT-high here so I would like to try and win the pot. On the turn the check raise might be a tiny bit greedy, and miss out on a bet/3/bet chance but basically it's a "shovel money in" situation so that's fine

      7:30 - T8s - 2 overs to the middle and a BDFD in a 3-bet pot, you probably have enough to peel 1 here

      8:50 - Q4o. nh.

      9:15 - ATo. Consider x/r-ing here esp vs this guy

      9:30 - 77 - Lol, thanks for showing your hand. (btw anyone watching NEVER do this)

      10:00 - 57s - Wait what? Folding 3rd pair when you've shown nothing but weakness vs a loose spazz? Unless you had a makor read on his turn betting range this is folding too much

      10:20 - KTo - You've got to continue vs a button open here, in fact I'd consider x/r'ing. I'm seeing a little theme that you appear to edge on the side of folding in close spots. In late position game dynamics this can cause you to leave money/opportunities on the table.

      11:00 - QQ - What are you hoping to achieve with this river bet? Is it a value bet becasue that seems incredibly thin? If it's a bluff it's never going to work either. This is between x/c and x/f on the river, probably x/c.

      12:00 - Aks - nh, lol at that river fold, jeeeez

      OK so that's the first half, I'll catch up on teh 2nd half in a bit. Nice vid :f_biggrin:
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2009 Posts: 756
      Thank you very much boomer :f_biggrin:

      OK, I'll take a look at those hands and then tell you why i did what i did (although tha doesn't mean it was a good decision hehe)
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2009 Posts: 756
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      Well I suppose since I ask you guys to watch my stuff it's only fair:

      00:25 - A9o - Borderline but fold fine. What A-High would you peel here?


      AA+ :D . Being serious now, I guessed AJ at that moment

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      1:40 - AQs - I'd bet turn here, your draw is utterly massive so you don't really care if you get raise, you also might buy the button allowing an easy check back on river.
      OK, noted that!

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      2:02 - KQo - I think you're giving your opponent too much credit here. If you're plan is to call the river the check is ok but I think we're ok betting here, it certainly close though, probably somehwere where I'd check sometimes and bet others. River is awful so fold is fine, were you planning on calling a brick river?
      Exactly that, I was planning on calling a brick there, but yeah, that J hurt my guts. (you know, that term "brick" when i wtached your videos... it was almost impossible to understand at first :D , now i just love it)


      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      2:30 - AA - pwned!!!

      I'd been suggested to b/f there. I can call though, right?

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      2:40 - AJo - If his (UTG) stats are 25/6 in reality this 3-bet is spew, fold pre. Pot is too big to fold on flop, your Ace may be good sometimes and you have a BDSD, I think you have to make a "hate it" peel here just becasue of pot size


      Yeah, bad 3bet!
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      3:35 - A6o - Interesting Line from Him. Might consider inducing on river but otherwise fine

      I don't remember if I considered that. But do you think he thinks he has any FE after the xb on the turn? Probably due to the FD coming in, idk.
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      4:15 - 9Ts - Might consider a bluff on the turn here but he may have been betting an A-High gutshot on the flop so fold is fine

      ok. I usually don't bluff when I don't have many information here, because the average opponent is in love with the showdown, but I'll take a mental note there
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      7:00 - KTo - Might just x/r the flop here, we're not going to SD with KT-high here so I would like to try and win the pot. On the turn the check raise might be a tiny bit greedy, and miss out on a bet/3/bet chance but basically it's a "shovel money in" situation so that's fine

      7:30 - T8s - 2 overs to the middle and a BDFD in a 3-bet pot, you probably have enough to peel 1 here

      I remember thinking about that hand. I think that having had one overcard and the BDFD, it's an instacall (correct me if i'm wrong). But here I'm behind and I'd need about 5 clean outs to continue. Would you think I have them here?
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      8:50 - Q4o. nh.
      ty :)
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      9:15 - ATo. Consider x/r-ing here esp vs this guy

      Yeah, absoultely right. I don't remeber even considering it, and I should have.
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      9:30 - 77 - Lol, thanks for showing your hand. (btw anyone watching NEVER do this)
      Is the fold too weak? I realize now that I was playing against an almost random range.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      10:00 - 57s - Wait what? Folding 3rd pair when you've shown nothing but weakness vs a loose spazz? Unless you had a makor read on his turn betting range this is folding too much

      I have no major read here, and I'm ashamed of this hand

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      10:20 - KTo - You've got to continue vs a button open here, in fact I'd consider x/r'ing. I'm seeing a little theme that you appear to edge on the side of folding in close spots. In late position game dynamics this can cause you to leave money/opportunities on the table.
      Do you think we could maybe discuss this hand a little further?

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      11:00 - QQ - What are you hoping to achieve with this river bet? Is it a value bet becasue that seems incredibly thin? If it's a bluff it's never going to work either. This is between x/c and x/f on the river, probably x/c.
      Another hand to be ashamed :( Awful bet on the river.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      12:00 - Aks - nh, lol at that river fold, jeeeez
      Well, it played itself anyway. I don't know what was the other guy thinking when he folded there.


      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      OK so that's the first half, I'll catch up on teh 2nd half in a bit. Nice vid :f_biggrin:
      Again, thank you very much!!
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.09.2010 Posts: 2,551
      Ok on to the next bits

      12:20 - AK - Any thoughts to value betting the river? I know the J looks a little scary but it's not that bad and you haven't heard any news form theis guy yet that he has a pair or draw. That said the guy looks LP so checking back is also fine becasue he often won't raise with some pairs even though he should

      12:40 - QJ - Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm almost tempted to check the turn here. COuple of reasons

      1) Our hand has good SD value and sometimes checking a hand like this can produce a think value bet from our opponents so we're not polarised. We're also going to want to x/f a few hands on that turn so it's a nice balance.

      2) This guy's hyper aggressive and going to put us to a lot of really crappy decisions if we bet and can probably be trusted to thin value bet/stupid bluff like a lamb.

      3) That J has smacked his peeling range on a KT7 flop squarely in the face

      That said I don't think the bet's bad but my first instincts we mainly, "Ohh this could be a good place to check a strong hand". Interesting raise from him on the turn, it's probably not as bad as people first think as A3 has lost pretty much all SD value on the turn, the only problem with his line is that he didn't follow through on the river although can be excused.

      Post this one in Hand evaluation and see what our judges think...the KTo flop peel from the previous post too

      13:15 - KTs - Don't like river bet, you're not getting any better hand to fold and no worse hand is calling especially on that brick. Did you have a read that he peels flop and turn light and folds river a ton? Or was it just a bet becasue you don't want to x/f?

      Checking turn here is also an option but some crappy A-high's might fold now on the turn so suppose it's ok but x/c also acceptable.

      13:40 - AK - sucky situation but don't know if I can fold turn in pot this big, maybe river.

      14:20 - 84o - ez stab on the flop

      15:00 - QJ - Vs a normal guy I'd 3-bet the turn but this guy seems hyper passive so wouldn't raise 2 pair on the turn so I guess this is ok

      15:38 - J8s - And here ladies and gentlemen we have the biggest problem with the call flop-raise turn line, especailly on low boards. This is a HU pot, that turn isn't scary enough for you not to raise 2nd pair 3rd kicker. Pairs are still going to call you down as are some A-Highs, esp w/. Heart that then brick off.

      3-betting pre-flop is also an option. May stop him opening crap like this in the SB.

      16:00 - 97s - Raise preflop, you're letting him off too easy. Pot isn't big enough to peel on flop.

      16:55 - AQs - wow is this a sucky river decision with nut no pair against an idiot...probably fine though, even some of his BS has got there and worst case scenario is he has a hand like 33 he was spewing with a max values you, just can't see what you beat here.

      17:30 - 77 - Turn is close between b/f and x/f, I think b/f is fine.

      18:00 - A9s - Oh God My Eyes!! You checked A9s in the BB to a Sb open limp!!!

      OK now I've got my sight back...

      18:20 - K9o - There it goes again :(

      19:20 - 55 - Yay Raise!! Ugh, hate life on the river...very close to a fold.

      20:54 - AA - Raise turn again, this guy's a lunatic from what I've seen of him.

      22:20 - QJo - Raise flop, you have a monster draw and 2 players trapped in the middle, if you're not going insane with a draw like this on this flop then I fear your flop raising range is nothing but value hands. tbh this is actaully a value hand anyway, QOED and 2 overs vs 2 players will have an equity edge

      23:00 - 44 - :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry:

      23:47 - AA - Nice to see you thinking outside the box but B/3/B is far superior to x/r here

      25:00 - J9o - I'd personally be happier just x/r'ing flop here. The board has draws on it we can represent so A-high is going nowhere and if he checks back a scary turn it's an equity disaster for our hand.

      25:30 - TT - Wow is this x/r out of line. Even if he's a maniac you're hand is a bluff catcher, why would you want to open your throat like that on that board? Just induce, it's not like he's not bluffing all the way if he has a worse hand.

      26:20 - JJ - Nice :) Your opponent deserved that, I can't think of any other way he could have given you the pot better

      Thanks for posting the video :)
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2009 Posts: 756
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      Ok on to the next bits

      12:20 - AK - Any thoughts to value betting the river? I know the J looks a little scary but it's not that bad and you haven't heard any news form theis guy yet that he has a pair or draw. That said the guy looks LP so checking back is also fine becasue he often won't raise with some pairs even though he should
      to be honest, i don't valuebet nonpair hands vs these passive foldy guys. i see your point however, but i honestly didn't think of that until I saw that AQo, and i see that value bet as a very thin one.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      12:40 - QJ - Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm almost tempted to check the turn here. COuple of reasons

      1) Our hand has good SD value and sometimes checking a hand like this can produce a think value bet from our opponents so we're not polarised. We're also going to want to x/f a few hands on that turn so it's a nice balance.

      2) This guy's hyper aggressive and going to put us to a lot of really crappy decisions if we bet and can probably be trusted to thin value bet/stupid bluff like a lamb.

      3) That J has smacked his peeling range on a KT7 flop squarely in the face

      That said I don't think the bet's bad but my first instincts we mainly, "Ohh this could be a good place to check a strong hand". Interesting raise from him on the turn, it's probably not as bad as people first think as A3 has lost pretty much all SD value on the turn, the only problem with his line is that he didn't follow through on the river although can be excused.

      Post this one in Hand evaluation and see what our judges think...the KTo flop peel from the previous post too
      I'll post them, but this analysis is waaaaaaaay over me. I just see pair+OESD and bet.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      13:15 - KTs - Don't like river bet, you're not getting any better hand to fold and no worse hand is calling especially on that brick. Did you have a read that he peels flop and turn light and folds river a ton? Or was it just a bet becasue you don't want to x/f?

      Checking turn here is also an option but some crappy A-high's might fold now on the turn so suppose it's ok but x/c also acceptable.

      Yeah, I do have that read on him, I did it only in this case, and wouldn't have done it vs an unknown player :)

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      13:40 - AK - sucky situation but don't know if I can fold turn in pot this big, maybe river.
      I think we need 18% equity for a call down, but i don't know how to deal if we fold the river, I think I should try an EV analysis later :)

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      14:20 - 84o - ez stab on the flop
      yeah :f_mad:
      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      15:38 - J8s - And here ladies and gentlemen we have the biggest problem with the call flop-raise turn line, especailly on low boards. This is a HU pot, that turn isn't scary enough for you not to raise 2nd pair 3rd kicker. Pairs are still going to call you down as are some A-Highs, esp w/. Heart that then brick off.

      3-betting pre-flop is also an option. May stop him opening crap like this in the SB.
      OK, noted that. I got extremely scared, and I shouldn't have.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      16:55 - AQs - wow is this a sucky river decision with nut no pair against an idiot...probably fine though, even some of his BS has got there and worst case scenario is he has a hand like 33 he was spewing with a max values you, just can't see what you beat here.

      I found it hard to fold there on 1:11 too... I still don't know if it was correct, and it sometimes haunts me at night.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      18:00 - A9s - Oh God My Eyes!! You checked A9s in the BB to a Sb open limp!!!

      OK now I've got my sight back...

      18:20 - K9o - There it goes again :(
      :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: nothing but embarrassment over here.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10
      22:20 - QJo - Raise flop, you have a monster draw and 2 players trapped in the middle, if you're not going insane with a draw like this on this flop then I fear your flop raising range is nothing but value hands. tbh this is actaully a value hand anyway, QOED and 2 overs vs 2 players will have an equity edge
      I don't know why I didn't raise there! :(

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      23:00 - 44 - :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_eek: :f_o: :f_o: :f_o: :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry:
      :coolface: :coolface: :coolface:

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      25:00 - J9o - I'd personally be happier just x/r'ing flop here. The board has draws on it we can represent so A-high is going nowhere and if he checks back a scary turn it's an equity disaster for our hand.
      Yes, I agree with you, however when I see those high turn cbets I get instantaneously greedy (It's that 82% stat)

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      25:30 - TT - Wow is this x/r out of line. Even if he's a maniac you're hand is a bluff catcher, why would you want to open your throat like that on that board? Just induce, it's not like he's not bluffing all the way if he has a worse hand.
      Roger that

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      26:20 - JJ - Nice :) Your opponent deserved that, I can't think of any other way he could have given you the pot better
      Yeah, honestly I thought he had either QQ or KK.

      Originally posted by Boomer2k10

      Thanks for posting the video :)
      Thanks for all the feedback :) As I was telling Avataren before, although this kind of things attack my self esteem a bit and I'm worried I'm an awful player, it's definitely much much better since there is much more to learn!

      Thank you man
    • Avataren
      Avataren
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.04.2010 Posts: 1,621
      all i can say is that your a megafish JLeitmotiv my great friend :D <3