In this hand:

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BTN: $10.15 (101.5 bb)
      BB: $13.87 (138.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $21.78 (217.8 bb)
      SB: $8.20 (82 bb)
      MP: $11.03 (110.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2 2
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, BB raises to $13.87 and is all-in, 2 folds

Results:$0.95 pot
      BB mucked and won $0.95 ($0.65 net)

What sort of hand should the squeezer have here:

With AA or KK -- even QQ, would not a standard raise be better?

If you were in my position what hand would you need to be able to make a +EV call to a squeeze?
  • 9 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Wow lol

That looks more like tilt squeeze
      I have no idea what to make of it
      His range can be very wide here

For a profitable call qq+ and ak I am definitely calling
      Jj could be a Call as well

Did he do it just this one time or often?
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      ak and only ak if hes a smart player but hes probably spewing, when id play micros id jam ak here often with no history. If you raise ak normaly here and get called your usualy in a marginal spot in a super high rake micro game not making much money in these spots as you would in higher stakes but if you jam micro morons will call with dominated hands alot more then you would think and you only pay rake when you win the 75/25 60/40 or race ~
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I have almost 1K hands on this guy, and I tend to respect his raises.

Similarly, he seems to stay out of my way

I defends his blinds, vigorously, and is generally solid.
      he is 27/21/9.7/4 (v/p/3/af) His pre-flop squeeze % is 16
      These are all short-handed stats.
      his wtsd is only 22%

I doubt if it is tilt, although he did drop more that a stack sometime today, but that should be no bid deal for a solid player.

I'm sure not going after him w/ 22, but I have no idea what I would look him up with.

When I squeeze it is generally with a fairly good hand and in position, and I generally raise to about 1.5 pot. Even then, to the best of my knowledge, I've never been re-raised after squeezing -- bear in mind that this is NL 10
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      There is a wide range of what people would do this with in micros, but usually it ends up being mid pocket pairs or AK/AQ/AJ. Sometimes tricky players will do it with AA/KK but its almost never QQ+.

Just cos there's usually gonna be better spots against these players, I'd fold all but QQ+, AK usually.

If they're 50bb MSSers I'll call with probably TT+,AK, AQs as they're getting it in wider

All player dependent though of course :f_biggrin:

EDIT: After reading that he's pretty solid and doesn't tilt I reckon he's probably trying to trick someone into calling and he has QQ/KK/AK and probably not much else.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Yes qq ak vs most ranges not rocket science
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      ~100bb deep i usually call only QQ+ in this spot

used to do it with AK also, but i usually found myself flipping against some tilted J5s/33.... and yes, an occasional AA..
      not worth it imo, we dont have enough invested in the pot

22 is a snapfold ofc, just let him have it :)
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      just call one time w 22 and get info, but he i think he is doing this with any suited ACE and all pocketpairs and AJ+.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      just call one time w 22 and get info, but he i think he is doing this with any suited ACE and all pocketpairs and AJ+.
      :s_ugly:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      What?
      I don't think it fair to unleash the dreaded secret weapon on him.

If he plays like that fairly often, I'll notice, and eventually I'll be in a position to stack him.

I was more concerned with the general idea of squeezing ranges and ideas on how to do them, and defend against them -- rather than analyse this particular hand.

I looked through my own HM2 Stats and found to my surprise that I myself had a 2.4 squeeze percent over 11K hands of Party NL 10

I basically squoze <== new past tense of squeeze
      with QQ+.