[NL20-NL50] NL25sh - KTs call pre?

• 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would never call that spot. Consider his UTG opening stats I think 3-bet can be profitable (or if you have very tight image). Generally I would just fold there, since KTs plays that position too bad. On the BU and BB I would likely 3-bet (bu) or call (bb).
      - since I have either position or
      - I get better price and don´t have to worry about someone squuezing- also I can likely lead out or c/r quite a lot of flops if he has there very wide range and play fit or fold if his range is relatively tight.

best regards,
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I just though villain was fishy enough. I would never consider 3betting because it's a bluff and we don't want to bluff fish ;)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi All,

I think its pretty close but I fold. KQs I would snap call, but K10 is a little bit weaker and we make too many 2nd pairs.

If villain was say 50/40 I would definitely call. As you said we don't want to bluff fish, but we definitely DO want to play pots vs them, especially HU.

Anyway a little weak so I'd fold.

I'd probably call

22+
      some suited connectors that play well, 78s etc
      a10s+
      kqs+

Thanks
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Why do you like to play 78s more than KTs? I thought those SC's had much more value when we are playing with position+initiative and they also gain much value by the semibluff opportunities. We can't bluff fish in many spots though.. Hope you understand me :D
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I want to play pots vs the fish but I don't want to be dominated. When players play too aggro from UTG, they don't start opening 97s, but they are more inclined to open all broadways, kj, kq, qj etc meaning that if we call here we can be easily dominated but with 78s we have a speculative hand that allows us to play vs the fish without being dominated.