888 RIGGED for DONKS ???

• thesundancekid
      thesundancekid
      Bronze
      Any 1 else there think that 888 is rigged for donks in certain games ??

only been playing there for 3 years so what do i know .

but

IMO ofc u can see some guy get lucky but i have seen some unreal stuff on my time on 888 , make u think it is rigged for donks in certain games.

then you say why is 888 rigged if they make so much money ?
      and my argument is

why not let the donks hit flop after flop, river there 2outers , give then gr8 runs and a win.

coz then they think they are gr8 at poker and spend more money in more games also when they go bust they stick in 100s if not thousands .

( i have just seen some unreal shit in my time on 888 and its not every game but the odd 1 , its like i can spot a donk its rigged for and i even had some witnesses to loom at them HIT UNREAL time after time after time !!
  • 16 replies
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Yeah, it's totally rigged... Like the other day, i saw some guy loose with QQ vs AK... I couldn't believe it! I don't play there anymore since that happened
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      My argument is, why would a pokerroom give a certain player a advantage when in fact there intrest is the rake and they want to lure as many players as possible to their network. The network would most likely not favor anyone. But who the hells knows!
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      3 years and still makes a :facepalm: thread
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skodljivec
      Yeah, it's totally rigged... Like the other day, i saw some guy loose with QQ vs AK... I couldn't believe it! I don't play there anymore since that happened
      yea, it must be something suspicious as I still keep losing with AQ vs AA X(
      Im AQ
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      well, that would explain why i'm making money on 888.

:f_biggrin:

but seriously, i doubt that it's rigged.
      and even if it was.. after a few tries you'll hand will hold up and you'll take the money from 60/10 players that I see on NL10. ^^;
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      It is rigged... Just lost with 72o vs KK. And that is no it, matter of fact I was IP. Somebody should check if the site is legit.
      :coolface:
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Hey
      I dont think it is rigged

But you need to understand that when you are playing on a table full of fishes with 3-5 players to the flop hands like AA KK dont do that well post flop and hence we see lot of bad beats happening
    • zeezeeflop
      zeezeeflop
      Bronze
      i wasn't convinced it was rigged but after reading OP's compelling argument, there might be something in it
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      none of the big rooms are rigged for sure!

its all simple - the more u play, the more likely u will see some crazy shit happening, thats just simple math!
    • philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by abhi147
      Hey
      I dont think it is rigged

But you need to understand that when you are playing on a table full of fishes with 3-5 players to the flop hands like AA KK dont do that well post flop and hence we see lot of bad beats happening
      This.

It's frustrating, but that's what happens in a fishier poker site. No doubt 888 is fishier than most, where you'll be amazed how many ppl call your UTG raise with AA, even as many as 5 or 6 callers! They just wanna see showdowns with ATC.
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      You have to understand that 888 poker is full of casual/recreational players. They don't play to make 30k a year, they play for fun and to make a few bucks for beer or a night out with friends.

With this in mind, a lot of players aren't going to be playing optimally and will call your 3x raise from UTG+1 when you have AA with trash hands like 6-9o. I see a lot of crazy stuff happen at this site too, especially the poker cam SNGs.

I truly believe this site isn't rigged. There would be too much at stake for a poker company to be favouring a player over another.
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zeezeeflop
      i wasn't convinced it was rigged but after reading OP's compelling argument, there might be something in it
      lol'd
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Originally posted by Skodljivec
      :D

LOL
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      funny how I feel so different from you. I'm doing awesome there yes suckouts happen once in a while but most of the time the fishes there overplay their hands it's hard to lose there. And I feel Ipoker is much worse. And probably someone else feels another platform is even worse... Variance I guess

Edit: Well maybe not, as I typed this my opponent hit runner runner straight at Ipoker. -.- so sick if not for cash machine I would be out already
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      I don't think it's rigged, but I have to comment here.

Originally posted by Saren113
      My argument is, why would a pokerroom give a certain player a advantage when in fact there intrest is the rake and they want to lure as many players as possible to their network. The network would most likely not favor anyone. But who the hells knows!
      Majority of the players are fish.
      Fish win more often ==> More fish is lured
      Simples.
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VladimirN
      I don't think it's rigged, but I have to comment here.

Originally posted by Saren113
      Majority of the players are fish.
      Fish win more often ==> More fish is lured
      Simples.
      Absolutely true, and if you have 9 fishes at a table, it becomes like zynga = sick rake.