What happend to Veriz

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey PS,

I noticed that Veriz doesnt have the Judge avatar. What does that mean? Does it mean that he isnt a judge anymore? If that is true I think a part of my poker body currently fall apart. This HE forum has been my poker learning school, home call it whatever you want it and Veriz the master. I grew up here poker wise and HE is the only thing what hold me on PS to stay. Although I dont wanna see a Kaitz or some made up coaches like Bogdan? They are maybe for NL2 hands but not for more. And the best and only noteworthy coach leaves? And not as first one.

WTF is with you guys?!! Do you wanna become worse or better? I simply dont get you hire a bad coach and leave a good coach walking? I simply dont get it! Seem like somebody there doesnt really understand their customers or is a f***ing retard. it is obvious taht somebody doesnt have a clue since he is not the first good coach to leave.We all pay you so much money you dont even have the courtesy of having a decent coach. But still you can say:''Hey! Visit the HE forum and meet a bad coach!''. Guess that seems like now a decent moto for the HE.
      I m so pissed off, I can t even write and I would like also this way to ask if there is possible to detrack all my PS account.

P.S. Rather do not answer or post any official release because we all see that PS is just moving in the wrong direction, well I would say to the bottom of quality!
      P.S. 2. If there is someone new reading this please dont waste your time on this site. There are better once.
  • 164 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Stop acting like a little girl. There was a post a while back that veriz is going to stop coaching due to his other personal goals and a lack of time. I really don't see what you want PS to do about it. Its not like they fired him.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Sikac,

Moved this to feedback and suggestions for you. It should get an appropriate response there.

Regards,

Mal. :)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Sikac,

I don't think I need to explain to you what happened because I am sure you discussed it with veriz. Being polemic does not help.

In a nutshell, PokerStrategy.com and Veriz could not find a mutual agreement to continue our relationship as pokerstrategy+freelancer for the time being
      This saddens us and you can be sure that we tried taking reasonable measures in keeping him on board.
      Please apologize that we can unfortunately not discuss relations with freelancers and former freelancers in the forum as this would be very unprofessional.

But I would also like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to veriz for over 2 years of outstanding service. Without him we would not be there, would not have that many magnificent contributors in the forum. Thank you & keep on rocking the tables - we always have a open door to come back!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      Hi Sikac,

I don't think I need to explain to you what happened because I am sure you discussed it with veriz. Being polemic does not help.

In a nutshell, PokerStrategy.com and Veriz could not find a mutual agreement to continue our relationship as pokerstrategy+freelancer.
      This saddens us and you can be sure that we tried taking reasonable measures in keeping him on board.

But I would also like to take the opportunity to say a big thank you to veriz for over 2 years of outstanding service. Without him we would not be there, would not have that many magnificent contributors in the forum. Thank you & keep on rocking the tables!
      No, not really!We didnt actually discuss it since it is non of my bussiness. It is just what the site developes. Actually Sven you know what is interesting. Lately, we had this and after all you still make the god damn mistakes. Obviously something doesnt really work out there since you manage to again make non sense. I simply dissapointed the way this site develops and I m certainly leaving no other option. So I would like to get the answer from you guys or I need to personally talk to the customer service to detrack my accounts.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      really hope that Veriz can change his mind and can evaluate the hands also in the future... he helped me and I hope he will help me also in the future...
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      wow wow wow

and the next one of our old crew is out ... gl 4 the future sir!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Here we go another good coach and most active hand jugde around the forum (i belive that with highest post count) Always evaluated quickly and in depth.

PokerStrategy is going down the hill!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      gl in future endeavors , hope to drink some beer again in Dublin! :(
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      remember TribunCaesar ? he was one of the best coaches here, when he left, PS started to decline slowly day by day.. after that I just searched new site for info.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      There were many coaches and admins that left in last 1.5 years not only in English community. No one wants to pay pokerstrategy so much rake with their rake. So it seems more and more that they just try to milk the cow till it last. They don't invest in pokerstrategy anymore cause they don't see any opportunities in that business area instead they move to forex/markets and other social network (heard also about healthstrategy projects but I don't know if it is still active).

I mean there is always a problem when even your mother company doesn't believe in its child anymore. Korn just cut the costs to increase profits. We had a professional poker school now we have multi language forums with some additional content.
      It isn't only pokerstrategy fault. Pokerroms aren't interested anymore in educated regs they want recreational players so they pay pokerstrategy fraction of what they used to get.

Just look how very few if any coaching there is for platinium/diamond members in any type of game. There used to be way more, same for videos and stuff.

Pokerstrategy now is just the biggest poker forum in the world. Nothing more.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by franeczek
      2+2
      sorry sir ;)
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      Originally posted by franeczek
      2+2
      sorry sir ;)

For English forum for sure but if you consider that there are mulitple language version of pokerstrategy forum overall they are way bigger. 2+2 doesn't really exist in the non-English world.
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by Gerv
      gl in future endeavors , hope to drink some beer again in Dublin! :(

:D :D :D @ your bronze avatar hahahhahaahahah

yep PS must be way bigger than 2+2. German and Russian forums are huuuuuuge
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      WTF :( :(

I have to agree with Sikac here! This is soooo bad for many people :( Now it feels like I'll never become a great player... We just need him!!!!! We should start a petition or other action lol

I mean , veriz is the most imporant member of PS. Who is going to replace him? Pleno? Yeah he has the skill but who is willing to judge as many hands as he did??
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys,

Yes it is disapointing that Veriz is not hand evaluating anymore.

This does not mean we want to cut back on costs or not bring new people to PokerStrategy.com

Over the last few months we have brought

lnternet All Star Game/
      Melanie Weisner High Stakes review
      Rupert Elder How to win in MTT's
      James Keys The Importance of Balance
      Oblioo An Aggro 500NL Session
      Emanuelc16 Knowing me, Knowing you
      Kevin Williams Take the target
      Jamie Burland Take the target
      imfromsweden

All to our coaching team. These are not cut backs, these are the best players in the world at their games.

Our goal moving forward for the hand evaluation boards are to make them discussion boards, people learn from discussion a lot more than evaluation and we will be looking for a lot of hand discussion.

From Monday the boards will be re-named Hand Discussions Boards where we massively promote and value in depth discussions. We started implementing this with higher stakes discussion. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1638 (possibly my favorite board now )

We will also launch another big promotion on Monday which will be both educational and community building.

As in any company when such influential people such as Veriz (who has performed heroically over the last 2 years) leave, there is going to be disappointment, but I can wholeheartedly promise that content including videos, articles and hand evaluations will improve with our new vision.

I recently moved to the English Poker school with the job of trying to make our content as satisfying as possible. Our plans for hand evaluations, videos and coachings are very advance and we have a very strong team full of poker players who know what poker players want working on a daily basis making sure that the future of PokerStrategy.com is very bright. For those of you who know me personally, when I want to do something I don't do it half heartedly. My passion is in this community and I am positive we will succeed.

So basically message @all is judge us on how we perform not how you expect us to perform including looking at the guys who have joined the team in balance with the guys who have unfortunately left.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

I mean , veriz is the most imporant member of PS. Who is going to replace him? Pleno? Yeah he has the skill but who is willing to judge as many hands as he did??
      We should never rely on one person, this causes problems. We want a TEAM of people who have enough time to work efficiently whilst still maintaining very high quality levels. I will become more active in the boards, but I will also work hard trying to form a strong team that can deal with both the quantity and quality demands from our users.

Keep posting your hands and we will ensure that quality and quantity levels are still very high.

I promise.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Great posts pleno! Appreciate it :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      LOL:

Should we be impressed. Articles are all way old. Well, guess you guys arent the only site providing videos. IMO modest opinion the only thing that differs you from other sites is HE forum. Not discussion since they can be also found anywhere else. It is all about HE. If you dont have HE at least for me(someone who is willing to improve) you are no better then other sites. Where re you better then all sites? Because you have vids :D
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi Patrick!

Since you mentioned the hand evaluation board in your previous post I'll take the opportunity to tell you what I think about it and couple of general points about how to improve PS.

In my opinion, PS has a huge leak: coaches are not involved in the community. You have the video producers on one hand that produce videos and you have the hand judges on the other hand. So many video producers have almost never posted in the forums (apart in their blogs)

I can see that some coaches are posting sometimes in the No Limit Advanced Discussions and maybe in the NL 0.5/1 hand evaluation board (don't know since I don't have access but when I did they were not active). But this is way too seldom.

You are saying that the hands posted should be discussed rather than judged (which I very much agree) but without the input of coaches (with es) the discussions often end up not being super constructive especially at micro stakes.

Quick example: lately I posted a hand here and on xxx training site. I got a proper discussion going on on the other training site with more than 80 posts with 2 well respected coaches taking part (posting many times) whereas here I got couple of answers from members and only 1 from a coach that didn't fully answer my question.

I think you should ask coaches to post way more and be part of the forum. I know on xxx training site they are asked to do it. That way you get more value from your coaches and get cool discussions going on. That would def bring more life to this forum.

Think about what makes a good training site! Videos are everywhere. That's not enough anymore! People are expecting a lot more nowadays which is normal since there are many training sites out there.

You need to find smart ways to make this forum attractive!

GL!
      Max

EDIT: Removed the name of the other training site