This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Middle-pair, what is the plan?

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2002427
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $13.06 - VPIP: 47, PFR: 27, 3B: 0, AF: 4,7, Hands: 211, co open: 50% 13/26, flop cbet: 12/15, WTS:25
      Hero (BTN): $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 53719
      SB: $11.25 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 10, AF: 2,5, Hands: 45
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 10, AF: 0,8, Hands: 56
      UTG: $4.00 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 25, 3B: 6, AF: 0,0, Hands: 57
      MP: $7.21 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 28, 3B: 13, AF: 4,0, Hands: 57

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 7 :club: 7 :heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 5 :club: 4 :heart: 9 :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.50, Hero ?

I see myself ahead. I don't want to see overcards, that would incline me to raise, but does it make sense? Bluff: NO. Value: Overcards, flushdraws smaller pairs could call, so YES. Dead money? Well, He could have overcards which would fold, so possible. All in all, a raise seems nice.
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      A raise only seems nice if we think we have high FE. What do you see him bet/folding here?

Our hand has almost 0 hand equity going past flop so we need a lot of FE to make this profitable.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      A raise only seems nice if we think we have high FE. What do you see him bet/folding here?

Our hand has almost 0 hand equity going past flop so we need a lot of FE to make this profitable.
      He looks aggro, so he can cbet with almost any2. But the doesnt cbet 100%, so I guess he has to have something. His WTS isnt too high tough.
      Well, folding is weak, calling is bad, the raise is the only choice that remains I think.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

He looks aggro, so he can cbet with almost any2. But the doesnt cbet 100%, so I guess he has to have something. His WTS isnt too high tough.
      Well, folding is weak, calling is bad, the raise is the only choice that remains I think.
      Well folding may seem weak. However when calling is a bad option and raising, a fish, is also not a great option we just have to choose the least bad option.

Do you really want to raise 77 on this board, as a bluff, versus a big fish (potentially aggro)?

Our skill advantage and value, against these players, comes from value betting not bluffing with little equity.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      So, the best line would be to call the flop, and bet checked turn and take the pot away? If villain 2barrels, it`s fold ofc.

:f_p:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      So, the best line would be to call the flop, and bet checked turn and take the pot away? If villain 2barrels, it`s fold ofc.

:f_p:
      Sorry I didn't make this clear enough in the previous post.

What I meant to say is that I don't like either calling or raising so I would fold :)

It's the "least bad" option in my eyes.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Would you consider floating on the K62r as he c-bets a lot?

Would you advise to raise his CB on K62r as a bluff, if his 2-barrel stat would be high (~70%)? Or just to call him down?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Would you consider floating on the K62r as he c-bets a lot?

Would you advise to raise his CB on K62r as a bluff, if his 2-barrel stat would be high (~70%)? Or just to call him dow n?
      Calling would be a better option in a spot like that and if he barrels multiple streets with a wide range we will be ahead of a lot of his range.

As an exercise take a sample opponent, plug in his preflop range, then narrow down the range by streets and see how we do versus it and what his range distribution is.