[NL2-NL10] KK flop plan+ AS played (in spoiler)

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2002445
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $13.83 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 53719
      SB: $8.80 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 38
      BB: $10.73 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 37
      UTG: $10.84 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 132
      MP: $10.22 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 46
      CO: $9.35 - VPIP: 47, PFR: 27, 3B: 0, AF: 4,7, Hands: 211

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with K :diamond: K :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $1.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.90) Q :spade: J :club: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero?
      Hero calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.10) J :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.00, Hero folds AA-JJ only? I dont see AK doing this, If this was a good fold, please complimant me, it would mean a lot, really
  • 8 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Preflop: SBs range is TT+, AK (maybe AQ)

Flop: SB's range is JJ, QQ, KK, AA and maybe some AQ if he ever cold calls them.

Turn: I feel that he will shove all his value range here which has 6 AA, 1 KK, 3 QQ and 1 JJ while rarely ever bluffing or shoving worse (AQ) since we didn't put many AQ in his range.

So thus, nice fold !
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Preflop: SBs range is TT+, AK (maybe AQ)

Flop: SB's range is JJ, QQ, KK, AA and maybe some AQ if he ever cold calls them.

Turn: I feel that he will shove all his value range here which has 6 AA, 1 KK, 3 QQ and 1 JJ while rarely ever bluffing or shoving worse (AQ) since we didn't put many AQ in his range.

So thus, nice fold !
      Thanks! :)

What is the optimal flop play here by the way? Can we raise as a bluff? I dont see AA folding :)
      Can we raise for value? Impossibru.

Fold:... well, what is our turn-plan? fold to 2ndbarrel? Why do we call if we fold to 2ndbarrel. "to reevaluate"?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Raising flop as a bluff doesn't make sense. Nothing better folds as you pointed out.

Raising for value only makes sense when we can assign weaker hands like AQ/KQ in his range. Considering what we know about him so far we can't really do that. Calling, as a bluffcatch becomes my preferred play and I would assume that if he is betting a bluff like AK he would give up on the turn UI. So I would call flop and fold the turn.
      As mentioned above we would call as a bluffcatch because he may donk one street with AK or TT type hands. If we don't think that's possible then we fold the flop.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hello!

Bogdan, don`t you think that villain could call 3bet with AQ pre? I think, that`s very reasonable. So, against his whole value-range on the flop: QQ-JJ,AQs,AQo (AA rarely) we have 57% equity and we can play for stacks.

:f_p:
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I doubt it he looks kinda recreational to me with his stacksize and with his big gap between VPIP/PFR, this might be the type of player who calls all of his pocket pairs no mather what.

Btw bogdan I think you oversetimates his range tbh WAAAAY WAAAY to tight, i've seen lots of those players and they love to setmine,

He should always 4b all his value range in this spot. and remember the player got 88 bigblinds in his stack.

Did not see turn was talking about zeh flop.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The opponent didn't call a 3-bet versus his own raise. He cold called a 3-bet which makes, or should make, his range much tighter.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      I know I see this type of play on daily basis on my network and there flat range often contains this range JJ-22,AQs-AJs,AJo+ and hands like KQs KJs from time to time.
    • cgoldie
      cgoldie
      Bronze
      I think a call is fine and look to stack off the turn on a blank as you don't know if he will stack off light with AQ/KQ type hands on the flop. He's prob 4 betting QQ+.